Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do like the new design, but it is really slow. Very hard to post replies. My badges are gone. Looking forward to thing getting better.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've waited patiently for the S2Ki email (Squirrel Mail) access to come back and I found I could log back into this today but I don't have any folders anymore and the inbox can't be accessed either.

Will this fix itself over time or where can I go to get help with this please?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:39 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

One thing i'd like to see, if it's an option ....

When you post an image in a reply, before you hit submit, is it possible to just display the IMG code until you either hit preview or post? That way if the image is big, it lets you move things and easily edit things without getting lost in the message window - with the smart resizing you now have, this would be a nice addition

Still working nicely too!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Posted pics in two Vintage threads this morning - Family History and Odds n Ends Vintage Photos VII. All from my albums in the gallery. I can see the pics just fine, but others cannot. Any idea why not??
Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Posted pics in two Vintage threads this morning - Family History and Odds n Ends Vintage Photos VII. All from my albums in the gallery. I can see the pics just fine, but others cannot. Any idea why not??
Check that your gallery privacy options are correct? I see options for making it public - i assume this is what is restricting others from seeing the pics you post from it.

It's under My settings, gallery, album manager, then click on options, then edit.

See if that works?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
People have somewhat unrealistic expectations of what to expect from this out of the box.
Seeing as how expectations weren't set, how could we have unrealistic expectations? All I knew was a major upgrade was being done. That's it. Nothing before would/could have prepared us for how the site is today.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester
Check that your gallery privacy options are correct? I see options for making it public - i assume this is what is restricting others from seeing the pics you post from it.

It's under My settings, gallery, album manager, then click on options, then edit.

See if that works?
Well, my albums were private before, but I could post individual pics with no problem. So I have to make the whole album public in order to post individual pics? Not sure I like that.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know where our picture albums went? I had about 150-200 pics uploaded on here but I can't find them? Also, I have been told that some members can't see the pics in my threads although I can see them just fine?

Thanks! Hope everything can keep improving, speed has definitely improved for me.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Post Upgrade issue at my end - less time spent on the site. It's nearly 1/4 of what it use to be. It's got to be hurting the advertisers. I cannot imagine anyone who counts on this site for business being very happy right now.

Reach out to the community next time you need help. This is my last comment on the issue. Hope it gets better soon. Hope you guys recover. This site contributes greatly to my S2000 fun but I've found replacements for it now.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TopGear
I don't think so. Everything marked "Sent:" in my messenger is a message sent by someone else TO me. Nothing that I have sent is there, marked "Sent:" or otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that's what others were reporting too. Is there anyone who actually still has their sent messages? Chime in.
Bumping this... Please take a look at the PMs when you get the chance cthree. I'm pretty sure they've been messed up.

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues