Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

WTD 08 - WHO IS GOING?

Old 09-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTD 08 - WHO IS GOING?

Ok - Airgate has posted the dates for WTD 08 - he is going for 300 cars this year and it will be a 4 day event for the first time ever! Lots of vendors, roads, comrades in cars, etc. Now I have been there for three years going - there is no event like this on the east coast, so if you are into great roads, a great car and great company, this is the place for you. But you have to commit now! Fontana village will be full up early on, so as soon as you know your schedule, you will need to make reservations.

My plans are as follows -
April 16th leave Brookville - about a 12 hour drive that I will split between April 16/ 17. My intentions are to cruise some roads in WVa on the way down. thursday evening/Friday/Saturday follow event schedule, tour area, etc. Probably see if dent removal guys at event can pop a dent out of my hardtop.
Sunday start back and arrive back in Brookville on Monday afternoon/evening.

I have done this trip three times - all on different routes and it is a hoot! So whos up for a road trip next April?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=528259
Old 11-02-2007, 10:08 AM

64 views and no comments - - - - Registration is up at Fontana Village - I just reserved Lodge room. Those will go fast, so don't procrastinate tooo long if you want to go -

Lodge room $75.00/ night

S2000 - $34,000

Gas - $200.00

WDT - PRICELESS (300 cars - 450 enthusiats)

You don't want to miss this!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:21 AM

Registration is now on line - http://wtd2008.eventbrite.com/

It's not too late and you do want to go to this! - just make the commitment - you will not regret it!
I will be cruising thru / past Pittsburgh on the morning of April 16th - anyone want to tag along, your more than welcome.
Phil, Bill, even you would be welcome! We could have an NSX/ Viper run off on the Dragon!

If you do plan to make it to this event, NOW is the time to register and get a room at the lodge. Waiting till spring to see if you can go will be tooooooooooooo late!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave, but I'm going to pass. I'm dizzy enough without driving that road
Old 01-03-2008, 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=Jumpy Guy,Jan 3 2008, 02:52 PM] Thanks Dave, but I'm going to pass.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 AM

Big change in registration costs - not that the cost was high before, but it is super cheap now - looks like everything that was included is now an extra, so if you want to got on the "cheap" now is the time to do it. I will be leaving on Wed. morning and have planned my trip to pass thru the Seven Springs area to preview the roads - willbe doing a mountain run thru WVa on Rt 219 on Wedsday and finishingof the trip down on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Fontana - It looks like this will be another "lone car caravan" but y'all are welcometo come along if the mood moves you.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:10 AM

Some social events being added to WTD this year - so far

Beer Swap -

Poker Run - and I get to help!

It looks like you all will not be making the run with me, but if you do, and arrive by noon Friday, you can participate in the First ever WTD Poker Run. I am helping to put the run together, and if any of you have experiecne with this type of event that you can share with me, I would appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like we are going to miss it this year, Redline time attack is in St. louis that weekend. Tri-State Racing is now 4 cars strong ( 3 S2000 and 1 Civic ) all from pittsburgh area. we will be racing with alot of help from AJR on the east coast this year at all the RLTA and Super street events.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by PAYELS2K,Feb 6 2008, 12:06 PM
looks like we are going to miss it this year, Redline time attack is in St. louis that weekend. Tri-State Racing is now 4 cars strong ( 3 S2000 and 1 Civic ) all from pittsburgh area. we will be racing with alot of help from AJR on the east coast this year at all the RLTA and Super street events.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PAYELS2K,Feb 6 2008, 09:06 AM
I"m glad I got my wing this for the St. Louis event... Breaking the rear end loose at 85 mph in a few of those turns can really pucker your a$$. Is there anyone else out there from the Pgh area thats up for a hardcore racing weekend at the track???

Quick Reply: WTD 08 - WHO IS GOING?