Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Starlite Car Cruise

Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can be there by 4 for sure. I can probably even make it a bit earlier and try to save some spaces. One of the perks of working from home/where ever I have an cell signal.

The Cruise Rules say you can save spots but only on the upper lot and only until 6pm. Having never attended before I am not sure the difference between the lots...anyone care to clue me in?

http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/caroftheweek.shtml

"2. Space saving is permitted ONLY on the upper lot, and must be released at 6PM"
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps we can check with the organizers in May during the "Spring Fling". That Friday is there opening cruise. Mayby (probably not) they would help out with "saving" a spot, if one of us arrived early (me). I will be taking that day to prep the car and get there on time.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82,Apr 8 2010, 07:12 PM
I can be there by 4 for sure. I can probably even make it a bit earlier and try to save some spaces. One of the perks of working from home/where ever I have an cell signal.

The Cruise Rules say you can save spots but only on the upper lot and only until 6pm. Having never attended before I am not sure the difference between the lots...anyone care to clue me in?

http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/caroftheweek.shtml

"2. Space saving is permitted ONLY on the upper lot, and must be released at 6PM"
I'll plan of meeting you there at 4:00 pm (my we are planning early). and I'm not sure of what is the "upper" lot, but I will find out in May.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM

never been to this cruise but im down to come check it out! give me some dates and ill plan on coming out! sorry to be off topic but does anyone ever go to the car cruise out irwin on saturday nights? its in a shopping center and has a BIG showing, probably 150+ cars
Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by jc412,Apr 8 2010, 10:49 PM
never been to this cruise but im down to come check it out! give me some dates and ill plan on coming out! sorry to be off topic but does anyone ever go to the car cruise out irwin on saturday nights? its in a shopping center and has a BIG showing, probably 150+ cars
The event is on July 30th, from 6:00 PM till 10:00 pm - check out their website via the link on the first post. I will be there at 4:00 pm and try and save spots for us, though the website says they must be released at 6:00 PM. I've added you to our "attending" list. Closer to the event, I will check with everyone via PM on attendance and arrival time.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM

pretty cool that they allow you to save spaces till 6. we may have a shot here.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 PM

Got the scoop on what the "upper lot" is. If you are standing on 19 facing the church, the upper lot is to the right. Its a little bit above the church in elevation. Pretty much behind the Walnut Grove restaurant. Took a ride over there tonight to scout it out and found the best parking spots with their backs to a nice grassy area. As we get a little closer to the date, we should try to work out a strategy to grab some of these spots. Prime real estate.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by villain2000,Apr 9 2010, 08:34 PM
Got the scoop on what the "upper lot" is. If you are standing on 19 facing the church, the upper lot is to the right. Its a little bit above the church in elevation. Pretty much behind the Walnut Grove restaurant. Took a ride over there tonight to scout it out and found the best parking spots with their backs to a nice grassy area. As we get a little closer to the date, we should try to work out a strategy to grab some of these spots. Prime real estate.
Thank you for checking that out! I agree, we could, with a little luck get some spots saved early on. I wonder if Maurey will have his Merc there? Hey Jumpy Guy, I know your busy with Spring Fling, but should I add you to the list?
Old 04-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by villain2000,Apr 9 2010, 05:34 PM
Got the scoop on what the "upper lot" is.
Thanks for checking that out. I should have no problem meeting the club at whatever time we decide on that day...assuming my wife doesn't go in to labor 2 weeks early!

Got my fingers crossed already.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by LINESUPER,Apr 9 2010, 06:25 PM
Hey Jumpy Guy, I know your busy with Spring Fling, but should I add you to the list?
Well Jumpy Guy emailed me the other day to introduce himself and say hi. Invited me to come up and check out Spring Fling. If he can convince me to come along that day I should be able to return the favor and have him come to the cruise. I think he mentioned coming in an earlier post to this topic.

Quick Reply: Starlite Car Cruise