Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Rock the Dragon 2015

Old 03-18-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Much fun will be had with those tires.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by W00D
Getting interesting!

Tires!

Did you get the z2 or the z2 starspecs?
Old 03-19-2015, 03:01 AM

I got the zii's and saved a few bucks. Yours are the top 4.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:49 AM

So I have been experimenting with some paint protection. As I own a BB S2000 and I know where every rock chip, cone scuff, fingerprint, and scratch is on the car.

ClearBra is an option ( the most expensive )

Temp ClearBra spray film from 3M seems to work but also seems to be messy and hoses how the car looks while it is on. Looks like quite the install, masking spraying, over spray! Does not sound like fun!

I was looking for something that could give me some rock protection, an easy install, an easy cleanup, and last a weekend trip. ie RTD2015 or an autocross event.

So I found this stuff called Paintshield 5720. The only way I can describe it is Elmers Glue by the gallon minus the smell.

Here it is applied wet to a drunk lid. I used a brush! It has started to dry and I just couldn't help my self and started to pick at it.

Here it is 2 days later with me peeling it off. You could rub the edge and it would not come off. Once you picked at it ever so slightly at a corner the whole section came off. I did prep the tester car with a slight compounding, polish, and a nice wax before attempting this.

Here it is completely removed and in my hand. The finish on the car was untouched and the wax was still on it.

You can tear it off by picking at a corner. Or use a power washer at a car wash or home!!!

My car may not look the best at RTD, butI will have less fear of getting a ton of more rock chips.

I will be applying it to the following:

Mirrors
Entire hood
Entire front bumper
Leading edges of the front fenders
In front of rear wheelwells
Lower 6 inches of the door and down
Old 03-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks pretty crazy! When I get my car repainted for its birthday I plan on having a clear bra installed.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by W00D
So I have been experimenting with some paint protection. As I own a BB S2000 and I know where every rock chip, cone scuff, fingerprint, and scratch is on the car.

ClearBra is an option ( the most expensive )

Temp ClearBra spray film from 3M seems to work but also seems to be messy and hoses how the car looks while it is on. Looks like quite the install, masking spraying, over spray! Does not sound like fun!

I was looking for something that could give me some rock protection, an easy install, an easy cleanup, and last a weekend trip. ie RTD2015 or an autocross event.

So I found this stuff called Paintshield 5720. The only way I can describe it is Elmers Glue by the gallon minus the smell.

Here it is applied wet to a drunk lid. I used a brush! It has started to dry and I just couldn't help my self and started to pick at it.

Here it is 2 days later with me peeling it off. You could rub the edge and it would not come off. Once you picked at it ever so slightly at a corner the whole section came off. I did prep the tester car with a slight compounding, polish, and a nice wax before attempting this.

Here it is completely removed and in my hand. The finish on the car was untouched and the wax was still on it.

You can tear it off by picking at a corner. Or use a power washer at a car wash or home!!!

My car may not look the best at RTD, butI will have less fear of getting a ton of more rock chips.

I will be applying it to the following:

Mirrors
Entire hood
Entire front bumper
Leading edges of the front fenders
In front of rear wheelwells
Lower 6 inches of the door and down
Wow that stuff looks pretty cool.

My front end already needs resprayed so I am not concerned about rock chips on my bumper, etc (although I am nervous for my new windshield). As Hannibal said once I finally do get it painted I will spend the $ and get it clear bra'd.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:04 AM

May use this for my carbon fiber hood. Where did you get it from?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:18 PM

http://generalchemicalcorp.mybigcomm...ield-5720.html
Old 03-19-2015, 02:54 PM

Thank you! That stuff looks awesome, I'll have to cover the whole front bumper of my car when I get my new one painted and installed.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mmoore9700
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1426277971' post='23539153
RTD almost here! 14 Canadian s2000's will be passing through your area come April 8th, hopefully someone spots us?
Look forward to meeting you guys at the Dragon!
Likewise! I'll probably have a giant Canadian flag hanging on our front porch, you're welcome to drop in. Also, I should see you at the CO meeting

Quick Reply: Rock the Dragon 2015