Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Road rage at it's finest

Old 11-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jealousy does bring out the worst in people . I had some POS small Nissan truck jump over 3 lanes of traffic on Hillsborough Ave here in Tampa , because he was about to drive right into the side of my car I beeped . This A-hole pulls up in back of me at the light and starts yelling and cussing , I just sat there laughing at the stupidity of this idiot .Funy thing is he starts getting louder and the 3 dudes in a Ford F250 sitting next to me that sw the whole thing happen started yelling back at him . These dummies where read to fight in the middle of the street for complete BS . What is this world coming to .
Old 11-14-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One pet peeve of mine is how if traffic is stopped on an interstate for a mile or more due to a closed lane, people here refuse to use both lanes to the merge point. Frankly, if the traffic is already stop-and-go, there's no need to DOUBLE the length of the queue. There's a reason why the interstates have signs that say "use both lanes to merge point", followed by huge signs that say "merge here".

Anyways, I was travelling up 279 a little past McKnight when traffic came to a stop. Having been there less than a week ago, I knew the construction zone and the merge point was literally not for at least another mile. I stay in my lane up to the merge point. When I get there, there's the usual myriad of people trying to edge me out. I'm fine with that, I don't expect everyone to understand my point of view.

What surprised me the most though was some middle aged guy in his Hyundai Azera, who literally took it to the extreme. He continually tried to edge me out, and pulled alongside and rolled down his window to say "Don't think I won't **** up your paint and run you off the road!". All I could say was, "REALLY?! Do you really think it's worth that?" Lady behind him lets me in, and we continue through the construction zone, and he continually stops short to brake check me, and other childish things. And once we get on the open road, I pass him because I really want none his stupidity. Next thing I know, he's passing me at 120 mph, waving the bird at me. The most shocking thing was, when he passed by, I spot his kid, who was no more than a couple years old, still in a child seat in his backseat! I really hope he kills himself before he gets his child killed...that level of irresponsibility to your life and your child's is seriously unfathomable.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 AM

stealth -

that merging thing does annoy me! Also, the slow down for the tunnels for no reason. I call it the "monster in the tunnel syndrome"
Old 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by stealthx32,Nov 15 2008, 12:48 AM
One pet peeve of mine is how if traffic is stopped on an interstate for a mile or more due to a closed lane, people here refuse to use both lanes to the merge point.
That is the most irratating thing in the world. The entire "herd" starts to get over and cant stand to see people continue to fly on by. The worst is when the truckers start to ride side by side to block people out. I got so frustrted by this one time near Washignton, PA that I actually passed a truck on the berm. I know I should not have done that, but it just goes to show that stupid people can make an otherwise leval headed guy do dumb, desparate things. The jack-ass had the nerve to blow his horn at me for a continuous blast of about 30 seconds. I just waved as I passed. Thanks God a cop didnt see me....
Old 11-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother called me and told me all about this happening...I can't believe you provoked my brother to do this to your car!

In all seriousness...so glad you're ok. Wow, what a complete NUT. It's amazing how stoopid and silly some people can be. Folks just need to relax...in the end, he's lucky he didn't hurt anyone.

Props to PA's finest getting to you and apprehending this moron. It's always a great feeling to see the "good guys" get the "bad guys."
Old 11-24-2008, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airgate,Nov 23 2008, 11:37 PM
My brother called me and told me all about this happening...I can't believe you provoked my brother to do this to your car!

In all seriousness...so glad you're ok. Wow, what a complete NUT. It's amazing how stoopid and silly some people can be. Folks just need to relax...in the end, he's lucky he didn't hurt anyone.

Props to PA's finest getting to you and apprehending this moron. It's always a great feeling to see the "good guys" get the "bad guys."
Raul! - you visted Allegheny!! Let me introduce you to the group!!!!

Raul meet Allegheny!

Our fearless leader Maury a.k.a. "Jumpy Guy" is in the yellow shirt.

Allegheny - meet Raul!
(Raul is the intellegent looking guy with the ball cap)

Raul is the good guy who puts together WTD and DBR each year.

And I for one am looking forward to both next year.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Former Moderator

Haha!! LMAO!

I look way too serious in that picture...

Thanks for the warm welcome Dave. I've actually visited your area before...Rick Hesel has driven around your area before on our group drives which are ALWAYS A++++!!!

Again, thanks for the welcome...sincerely appreciated.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:01 AM

Why don't you leave that warm cozy Carolina weather and come visit! Snow expected this week.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Glad you did the right thing Maury!! Its nice to see people like that get caught.
I'm not sure what i would have done in that situation. With the viper i get a lot of good and bad, not many people that don't have an opinion....but i haven't had anyone throw anything at me yet! Thats pretty scarry.

I don't log on to s2ki that much anymore but it seems every time i check in there is some bad news about the club.....i feel really bad about Cale and all these bad stories...I really hope everyone has a good new year!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Nov 24 2008, 12:01 PM
Why don't you leave that warm cozy Carolina weather and come visit! Snow expected this week.
Hey now...we'll get our snow...and maybe even an inch of it...and then everything will become chaos!! Bread and Milk will disappear from grocery stores...schools and businesses will close...people will stock their homes for a month's worth of inclement weather...generator sales will spike...Tire Rack will ship an unprecendented amount of snow tires to the Charlotte area...

Oh...you'll see...

Quick Reply: Road rage at it's finest