Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Road rage at it's finest

Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage at it's finest

Last Saturday Beth and I decided to drive up to Erie, Pa to visit my son. It was a beautiful day and we were cruising the back roads of Route 19 top down enjoying the day. A pickup truck was in front of us loaded with firewood. He was driving about thirty miles an hour in a fifty mile an hour zone. We got to a long uphill stretch and I decided to pass him. Well I guess he didn
Old 10-01-2008, 05:12 AM

So sorry to hear this, Maury. I think you hit it right on the head, too. These assholes see a fancy lttile sports car and it begins to remind them about how much their life sucks. You did the right thing by not confronting him. There is no use getting involved with a crazy sob like that. My only wish is that this would have happened on a group drive so that at least you would have the "support" of your buddies around you. This could have easily happened to any of us. Keep us updated on what happens. Again, so sorry to hear such great people like you and Beth had to endure this.

BTW - Saturday must have been "our" day for bad luck, though this isnt nearly as bad as yours. My S got backed into by some old guy in the parking lot of the dealer I was hanging out at. I even got to see it happen. Bout $800 in damage. After hearing your ordeal, I feel fortuante now.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 AM

Thank goodness this idiot didn't cause you to have an accident! He probably would have driven off leaving you guys there. I'm so glad to hear the situation ended with none of you hurt and this idiot cited for being an idiot!

A month ago, due to the beautiful evening weather, Lori & I decided to go out for a late night drive. Some idiot in front of me driving an 80's Beretta decided to slam on his brakes in the middle of a two lane road. I just had enough time to stop without slamming into him. While I was processing what just happened, his passenger got out and ran up to me asking why I was "blinking" my headlights at them. He had his hands down the back of his pants as if he was going to whip out his "nine" or some other weapon. I explained to him the car has Xenon headlights and can appear to be blinking at times. He really didn't know what to say in response and ran back to the car. Since I was watching him the whole time wondering what he was going to do, I wasn't able to get their entire license #. The car pulled away so fast it wasn't worth trying to catch them.

It's really amazing how fast bad things can happen!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 AM

It really goes to show that a nice looking sports car brings out the envy in so many people. The worst thing that has happend tp me in the S was I was driving in the right lane up a hill within speed limits when a car passed me and the passenger yells "asshole" out of the window. Why? Becuase I can drive a nice car and he cant? Because his penis is the size of a light switch? I dont know. What ever it is our types of cars seem to really bring on the worst in people. Before I got the S I would see someone with a nice car and try to figure out how one day I may be able to own one, too. Not get pissed off at the person for being better off than me. Ah, whatever. The world is going to shit and incidents like this really seem to prove it.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 AM

I wrestle with the fact that driving a sports car (which cost me less than a taurus to purchase and less than a cobalt to maintain) draws a certain response and judgement from people. I was helping to move someone into one of my rental apartments and her dad sais to me "wow with a car like that you must make alot of money!".

And boy was this guy wrong judging you to be some yuppie. He would feel like shit if he spoke to you for five mintues
Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 AM

Thanks guys, it is truly sad when people act like this. btw he was issued a field sobriety test and was clean. He also had a perfectly clean driving record. Probably mid 30's.
After the criminal case in October I am probably going to file a civil suit against him. If I can get him to go to anger management classes I would be happy.
Aldo, sorry to hear about your rear end. You know how much i like your rear end!! Executive motors in Allison Park does a fantastic job with body work.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Oct 1 2008, 02:19 PM
After the criminal case in October I am probably going to file a civil suit against him. If I can get him to go to anger management classes I would be happy.
Good idea Maury!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maurey, so sorry to hear about this! Y'all are right about the car envy thing, but this guy has got to be terribly mental! - I hope you can get him to professional help, and I am willing to bet real money that his family does too! You and Beth take care and know that Anita and I will be thinging of you. Keep us up to date on how this plays out.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 AM

A guy in a pickup truck pulled up next to me at a stop sign not too long ago and asked me if i thought i was cool driving a "fagtop". I said "do you think your a tough guy driving around with a tae kwon do sticker on your rear glass why dont you ask her?" referring to the chick sitting next to him.. I took off and that was it.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Great story, wish I was there with you at the time. Hell, wish i was in Orlando at any time.

Quick Reply: Road rage at it's finest