Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise

Old 11-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts
Default PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise

The PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:00-9:00 PM. I looked at the participating car clubs and didn't see our club listed. Is there a reason for this? Since I'm a new member, I thought that I'd ask. It costs each driver a $5 donation to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and Allegheny Valley School. (A PVGP Race Program will be given for each donation). http://www.pvgp.org/cruise/
I know that some members of the club work in or close to the Waterfront, so they might be interested. I'm interested and I live in the South Hills, so it's not that far for me. I thought that it might be a great way to let everyone know of our club, prior to putting our signs out on the golf course during the race weekend.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is a fantastic idea!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fredh5062
The PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:00-9:00 PM. I looked at the participating car clubs and didn't see our club listed. Is there a reason for this? Since I'm a new member, I thought that I'd ask. It costs each driver a $5 donation to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and Allegheny Valley School. (A PVGP Race Program will be given for each donation). http://www.pvgp.org/cruise/
I know that some members of the club work in or close to the Waterfront, so they might be interested. I'm interested and I live in the South Hills, so it's not that far for me. I thought that it might be a great way to let everyone know of our club, prior to putting our signs on the golf course during the race weekend.

I agree,Great Idea! We went to the PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise last summer in our S2K, we parked near the Cars & Coffee area, they didn't seem interested in letting us park with their cars...
Old 11-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They can be pretty elitist towards anything non hupercar but CnC are good guys. Better that ee have our own section though. Sara did an awesome job this past year. ..hope we can step it up even more this year.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82
They can be pretty elitist towards anything non hupercar but CnC are good guys. Better that ee have our own section though. Sara did an awesome job this past year. ..hope we can step it up even more this year.
I've got you covered for this year, too. We're a little bit too far out (it's eight months away) to really start planning the specific events, but everyone should keep their calendar open. You can bet that I'll step it up this year... I've got some ideas brewing.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Sara!
Originally Posted by HannibalACP82' timestamp='1416398343' post='23410657
I've got you covered for this year, too. We're a little bit too far out (it's eight months away) to really start planning the specific events, but everyone should keep their calendar open. You can bet that I'll step it up this year... I've got some ideas brewing.
Thanks, Sara. You're the best!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not to bump this after a month or so but I would totally be up for this as well!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick update on this!

The Waterfront Car Cruise will take place on Tuesday, July 14th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm in the parking lot along Waterfront Drive. The cost is a $5 donation per car, which gets you a PVGP race program. This event doesn't work like the Schenley Park car show - there aren't different sections saved for different types of cars or clubs. It's basically first come, first served. You can get there and save spots for friends, BUT you can only hold the spot until 6;00pm. After that the organizers start filling in any empty spots, even if they were being saved. So, if you guys want to go and park as a group, either everyone needs to arrive before 6:00pm, OR everyone needs to caravan in together.

I probably won't be able to make it to this one, but if you're all looking to park together and can't get there before 6:00pm, my suggestion would be for everyone to meet at the Costco in the Waterfront and assemble there.

Here's where you can find more info: PVGP Car Cruise at the Waterfront

Let me know if I can answer any questions!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Sara!
Quick update on this!

The Waterfront Car Cruise will take place on Tuesday, July 14th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm in the parking lot along Waterfront Drive. The cost is a $5 donation per car, which gets you a PVGP race program. This event doesn't work like the Schenley Park car show - there aren't different sections saved for different types of cars or clubs. It's basically first come, first served. You can get there and save spots for friends, BUT you can only hold the spot until 6;00pm. After that the organizers start filling in any empty spots, even if they were being saved. So, if you guys want to go and park as a group, either everyone needs to arrive before 6:00pm, OR everyone needs to caravan in together.

I probably won't be able to make it to this one, but if you're all looking to park together and can't get there before 6:00pm, my suggestion would be for everyone to meet at the Costco in the Waterfront and assemble there.

Here's where you can find more info: PVGP Car Cruise at the Waterfront

Let me know if I can answer any questions!
Thanks, Sara. Meeting at Costco and driving in as a group is a great idea. Anyone besides me interested in attending this event?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We were there last year & planning on being there again on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise