Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2012

Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2012

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is about a month away. I am not sure if you have gone in the past, but it is one of my favorite events of the year. There are a lot of events leading up to the race weekend at Schenley Park, but part of race weekend is a massive car show with all kinds of cars. Anyone interested in trying to get a group together and preregister? I am not normally one to enter a car show since mine is all stock, but it would be really cool to get a group of S2Ks together for something like this.

It looks like you need to pay $30 for the weekend, but it is $15/day to park on the hill (plus it is a fundraiser). I would probably just go one day and not both. We could pick a place to meet before so we all pull in together.

I would imagine a lot of the people from cars and coffee sign up for the show.

PVGP Car Show Info
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went on the Saturday last year. It is a great event. Lot's of amazing cars.
I would love to get a group together and park in the Asian car section.

Also, the PVGP has a car rallye every year which is a lot of fun. It is on Sunday, July 8. It is a timed car rallye, not a race. It is all about following directions, speed limits and good navigation....followed by a party after. Check it out on the PVGP site.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Community Organizer

I know I wont be able to make it due to work but I hope we have a good turnout. I am glad to see the club growing and going to more and more events.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 AM

This will be the first year I'll be attending PVGP. I will be with the Mercedes Club, so please stop over and say hello.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got our family reunion that day. I'm one of the organizers & have out of town relatives hanging out at our house most of the weekend. But I might sneek away for half a day to attend the PVGP. Hate to miss it!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sent my car show form in a few days ago. My wife and I will be there. If anyone wants to meet up the morning of the show and ride in together just let me know. We live in Shaler Township, not far from Schenley Park, so I could meet anyone just about anywhere.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:44 PM

If we go just one day, Saturday is the day to go. That has more cars due to the British car show day.

Bring a picnic lunch, because the food there is terrible.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Driveaholic
I've got our family reunion that day. I'm one of the organizers & have out of town relatives hanging out at our house most of the weekend. But I might sneek away for half a day to attend the PVGP. Hate to miss it!
Somehow I had the date wrong, PVGP is the weekend before. Now I have to work on getting Saturday off work.
Are you guys still planning on meeting?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The CNC group is meeting this Saturday and cruising out to the PVGP activities at PittRace (BeaveRun) if anybody is interested. They're leaving at 11 am from the usual meeting spot.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM

@StreetOne: I didn't hear about the cruise, but I'm down!

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2012