Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Memorial Day

Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial Day

Post up and lets hear your stories. I have 3 that come to mind.

To my sister in law Jenna. Thanks for choose a life in the Navy. I know you are on your first deployment and are enjoying your time in the Persian Gulf fighting pirates. I am very proud of you and your dedication to making it through boot camp.

To my friend John. I appreciate the time and effort you put into passing OCS with the Marines. To fail out medically the first time 2 weeks from graduation and to go back the next summer and do it again is amazing. I know your 13 month deployment in Afghanistan changed alot in you....most for the better. I want you to know that I love you and will always be here for you no matter what happens or what dumb decisions you make ( you know what I am talking about bro!!!!)

To my friend R. I know I don't understand what you do nor can I in order for you to maintain operational safety. I know you've been to Iraq once and Afghanistan 3 times and the work you do supports our troops directly. I don't know where you are heading next or when you will be getting back but the work you do doesn't go unnoticed even if it is unknown.

To my Grandpa Harold. I know you have been dead for a few years now but the service you gave back in WWII and the stories you told will always stick with me. Your country called and your generation answered without a second thought. Your footlocker serves as Zach's toy chest and will serve as Zach's first son's toy chest...so on and so forth. It will always be in the family and will serve as a silent reminder of a war fought a long time ago that changed the course of the world.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:48 AM
Community Organizer

14 views and no replies......
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM

To my son-in-law, Kevin, who spent a year in Iraq using his Stryker to search for IEDs.

To my Dad. 67 years ago he was in England preparing for the invasion of France in just 5 days (weather delayed it one day to the 6th). He landed on the beach one week after D-Day with the Ordinance corps, working in an ammo dump on the Normandy beach. In other words, a sitting duck.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To my dad who died in 1977. He spent over 3 years island hopping in the South Pacific (New Guinea, Philippines, Luzon, Okinowa, etc.) fighting the Japanese.

My Uncle Jim who died 2 years ago. He saw a ton of action in Europe including The Battle of the Buldge.

My buddy Marty a true Marine who died 5-6 years ago. After his second Purple Heart volunteered to go back to Vietnam for his third tour of duty.

And to all you Vets out there--- THANKS!!!!!!!!!