Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Meet?

Old 09-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet?

just wondering if anyone wants to meet up this month just to chill. no cruise unless we feel like it, but just to hang out and catch up. i miss some of you guys and figure it would be cool to chill, maybe watch a game or something. w/e is cool with me.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 AM

I think there is a large meet at the waterfront this saturday. starting at 9-10.

Its an everything meet. not just S2K
Old 09-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Community Organizer

Pittsburgh Cars&Coffee is meeting this saturday as well.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would be nice to get our own meets as well and not always piggy backing off of other meets.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by StreetOne
would be nice to get our own meets as well and not always piggy backing off of other meets.
PC&C really grew as a joint effort between Cliff and us. Quite frankly we don't have enough cars to always meet on our own or draw enough friendly faces out. Take this pas Saturday for example. I know the crew had a blast but I had work, Maury was sick, and Aldo had a family commitment all come up at the last minute. Suddenly you go from 8 cars to <5. Joining with PC&C makes it more worthwhile because even if there isn't a big S2K turnout you will see some faces you know and still get to talk shop.

I agree that the S2K club has been slacking a bit this year. A lot has to do with me as I am not as available as I was last year-2010=Great job and No kids vs. 2011=No (full time) job and 1 kid with another on the way.

There are also several S2K events every year (some local and some not) that we don't really get up and out for. Spring Fling was local last year and was held in Ashville this year, Tomcatt is held in Marietta, OH every year but we only took 3 cars this time. We also have the Gettysburg Run that Sam is heavily involved in (I think only him and Paul went this year) and the Indy Car stuff (same weekend as Gettysburg {and my son's birthday for me} but I know we have a few of you guys involved in that.

Last year we had a few more drives and again I am responsible for the lack of them this year. All I can do is apologize again and promise that next year will be better.

Trust me...the Allegheny Club is a ton of fun but this has been an off year. It will be better!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by fmfkid250
I think there is a large meet at the waterfront this saturday. starting at 9-10.

Its an everything meet. not just S2K
I am guessing in the evening?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82
Originally Posted by StreetOne' timestamp='1315870713' post='20966666
Trust me...the Allegheny Club is a ton of fun but this has been an off year. It will be better!

I didn't mean that like you weren't doing enough for events or anything. My apologies if it came across that way. I used to organize meets over at Team-Integra.net for a while and that's just how meets go. Sometimes you have a big turnout and other times you have a small turnout. Sometimes the smaller ones are just as fun, if not more fun. Get to know people a little better when you aren't running between groupes. I'm just saying that we should throw just a little meet n' eat type stuff and if a drive comes up prior to or even during, then that's a plus! Still do the PC&C thing and the drives, obviously, but we need to light a spark in this Allegheny S2ki forum! For a lack of a better phrase.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82' timestamp='1315872389' post='20966737
[quote name='StreetOne' timestamp='1315870713' post='20966666']

I didn't mean that like you weren't doing enough for events or anything. My apologies if it came across that way. I used to organize meets over at Team-Integra.net for a while and that's just how meets go. Sometimes you have a big turnout and other times you have a small turnout. Sometimes the smaller ones are just as fun, if not more fun. Get to know people a little better when you aren't running between groupes. I'm just saying that we should throw just a little meet n' eat type stuff and if a drive comes up prior to or even during, then that's a plus! Still do the PC&C thing and the drives, obviously, but we need to light a spark in this Allegheny S2ki forum! For a lack of a better phrase.
[/quote]

the end part is just a summaration of my post. just a lil meet. i havent seen anyone really since my dinner, and just would like to catch up with the guys. this post wasnt about oh we need an amazing meet or a long cruise or any of that. i made this post just to see some friendly faces.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Community Organizer

I wasn't offended and I didn't think you were attacking me. I just haven't been the greatest CO this year and it seemed like a good time to post why.

Let's get some S2K stuff going guys!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zajac
just wondering if anyone wants to meet up this month just to chill. no cruise unless we feel like it, but just to hang out and catch up. i miss some of you guys and figure it would be cool to chill, maybe watch a game or something. w/e is cool with me.

im always down just to hang

Quick Reply: Meet?