Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Jumpy Guy

Old 10-11-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay strong old buddy. We are thinking about you.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM

Thanks to all. Feeling pretty good as long as I stay within 10 feet of a bathroom I have two options to consider, one would be to remove the bladder completely and have a pouch on my side or create a new bladder out of part of my intestine. There are more complications possible with the rebuilding but it is my best option. I have to decide quickly because they want to do this as early as possible. I meet with another surgeon today to discuss. My only request and one that the doctors MUST agree on is to allow Bryan and Aldo assist in the surgery.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy
Thanks to all. Feeling pretty good as long as I stay within 10 feet of a bathroom I have two options to consider, one would be to remove the bladder completely and have a pouch on my side or create a new bladder out of part of my intestine. There are more complications possible with the rebuilding but it is my best option. I have to decide quickly because they want to do this as early as possible. I meet with another surgeon today to discuss. My only request and one that the doctors MUST agree on is to allow Bryan and Aldo assist in the surgery.
I do have my First Aid Merit Badge from my time in the scouts... Between that and wikipedia I am sure I can figure this out.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy
What about me, my wife has taught me well on the proper use of a knife! I also have had extensive training on how to knock people out !
Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Well, it looks like I am off to the Equestrian Society of Western PA to get those oversized surgical tools.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 AM

Aldo, while you are there if you could please check. Ever since they closed the last black hospital in Pittsburgh they can't seem to locate a tube long enough, and then I heard you were heading to the Equestrian Society. Please check there for me, thanks.
Sam, remember I've seen you use a knife before that's why you didn't get an invitation to the surgery.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Community Organizer

This thread is golden. I will be pinning this to the top of the board once we have a successful outcome!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Community Organizer

Hey guys and gals,
Maury will be going under the knife here again in November. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly coveted by Maury, Beth and their whole family.

As for the specific knife I have choose to go with a collection from the Brooklyn Museum:

Old 10-26-2011, 10:06 AM

Not sure which one to choose. Top second from left scares the crap out of me
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Community Organizer

Hey gang,
Maury has a big surgery in front of him tomorrow. I am sure he and the rest of the family appreciate your thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

I will do my best to keep everyone up to date on his surgery and his recovery. Unfortunately I will not be able to go to the hospital on Friday to see him because I have been sick with a nasty GI Bug and I don't want to put him at risk. That being said I will try and talk with him by phone if he is feeling up to it.

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Jumpy Guy