Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

EVENTS

Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVENTS

I am pretty packed with weekend car adventures for the next couple months. Well here they are. If you are interested I'll be willing to meet up and cruise. I'm looking forward to packing on some miles before the weather starts to change

Sunday August 21st-SCCA Club National race at MidOhio. I'm leaving from Pittsburgh (Brookline) with a friend early in the morning and coming back that night. It will be a long day but I'm going to support my best friend who drives a GT1 vette. It will be about a 350 mile round trip.

Saturday September 24th-SCCA Runoffs also at Mid Ohio. This is the biggest event in club racing. My friend will be there and is hoping to win!!! I'll be there for sure Friday and Saturday. I think I might tent Friday night at the track. The T2 race is at 11am Saturday (that's S2K's and other cars). The Ohio S2k club will be partying in Thunder Valley (one of the mean turns at that track). This will surely be a fun time.

Friday September 30th-Fall Colors Beaverun-I'm pumped about this and can't wait to throw my car around. I'm sure some of you already have plans for this event.

Well that's it for now. I think every weekend between there I'm sitting on my ass. I'll be excited to be watching football all weekend soon but that I can miss for other stuff.

I'm in Wheeling but come to Pittsburgh frequently to visit friends. My best friend owns 'Wild Bills' on the Southside. It's a typical bar but we manage to rock out and have a lot of fun. He drives a TR6 that he likes to cruise with.

OK..hope to hear from someone!
Ryan
Old 08-17-2005, 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the info. I have been trying to put together a community calendar of events (coming soon). Unfortunately, I have been swamped at work. This gives me a excellent starting point!

I'm always up for a cruise. If you think you are going to have some spare time...PM me. I'm close to WV...I live in Dunbar, Fayette County.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 PM

Exclamation

Don't forget to take lots of pictures!!!! Someone once said...."Threads are USELESS without pictures..."

Old 08-20-2005, 12:12 PM

Leaving Brookline at 7am tomorrow morning for the SCCA race at MidOhio. Last minute anyone interested...probably not...OK well I will be taking some pics and if I ever learn to post I'll post!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:13 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by WVtwisties,Aug 20 2005, 12:12 PM
Leaving Brookline at 7am tomorrow morning for the SCCA race at MidOhio. Last minute anyone interested...probably not...OK well I will be taking some pics and if I ever learn to post I'll post!
If you need help posting...PM me. Have fun.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:04 AM

following up on August 21st SCCA race at Mid-Ohio. Stayed up Saturday night until about 3am because the friend I went with owns Wild Bill's sports bar on the Southside. We managed to get pretty tipsy but after 4 hours of sleep we hopped in the S, put the top down and headed west to Ohio.

Weather was perfect. Bright blue skys and about 80 all day. I got a little crispy and I have racoon eyes from the sunglasses. We made an S2000 bet on how many we would see before the day was over. I said 5 and my buddy said 4 and we ended up seeing 4 street cars but NO racecars

T2 is the class S2000's run in usually but there happened to be none at this particular event. They truthfully don't hang very well in the class which is also comprised of STi's, M3's, 350Z's, Camaro's, and more. SCCCA is looking into making a T3 class in the future to make it more competitive.

GT1 is my best friend's class which he runs his Vette in. He's a hot foot in any car you put him and he managed to perform for the his crowd of buddies this weekend. He qualified .7 of a second off the TR (which his mechanic holds!!!). He was on the pole but got jumped on the start by another Vette...coming into turn 7 (right where we were watching) he bombed inside with the latest braking I've ever seen going into there and took the lead back. The Vette (driven by Amy Ruman followed him the rest of the race until she spun going into keyhole late in the race. Trevor was home free and took another pole to pole to get the championship. He had 5 starts and 5 wins this season with one DNS. We were so pumped!!!!

I'll try to post pics soon

~~~Ryan
Old 09-16-2005, 02:51 PM

Ryan... is Wild Bills that big ass billards/sports bar place? Next time I get back there im gona head over to the southside and find it.
Are you still going to MidOhio this weekend? I might be interested... gota look at the schedule
Old 09-17-2005, 09:24 AM

That's the bar!!! I was just there last night. It's get a pretty good scene usually. They have a pretty late night crowd but then again most of the southside does. Wednesdays are karaoke (spelling?) and it gets wild in there. Fridays are live band nights with a packed house. Check it out. Owner kicks ass and he's always there.

As far my mid ohio plans have changed. I've had to change due to a work function that I have to attend Saturday so I'm missing the actual race. I'm really bummed but I'm going Tuesday and Wednesday instead to see qualifying and help my friend out with the car a bit. Wednesday afternoon will be free for us. We'll lock up the paddock and head into Columbus for some food and maybe cruise a bit. We always love beating the living hell out of his rental cars so it will be fun! You and anyone else is more than welcome to join. Qualifying is just as fun as the race to watch!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:49 AM

Thanks for the invite, but my plans have changed too... I had to leave on 3 hours notice for europe, and wont be back till this weekend. Im sure Ill see you at FC though
That bar is amazing... Ive played pool, darts etc in there. Its got to be one of the bigger, nicer places in the southside...
I might see you there soon as well!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:01 PM

sweet! have a good trip