Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Engine Bling

Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, no, no. What you neeed to do Dave is pc your oe wheels black and lower the car to get rid of the monster truck wheel gap.

Go from this...

To this...
Old 12-03-2007, 05:06 PM

new 13 lb Hawker battery = $100
new Carbon Ventilated hood = $800

you could replace 8 batteries for 1 hood

your choice.....i did like mine though and yes is releases alot of heat....but i just heat wrapped my battery and never had a problem

and yes i am alittle more sensable now because i should of just got a Viper 2 years ago and saved a SH**Load of money i dumped into the S.....i wish i would still have my S2k near stock and just use it as a runner....i miss it....espically running around town.....but now i find reasons to drive the Viper.

and yes Aldo the stock wheel well gap looks gay on the s2k.....its amazing what an 18 inch wheel and a drop on the body does for looks and handling......although i will admit honda has the stock suspension pretty dialed in for the street.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i am alittle more sensable now because i should of just got a Viper 2 years ago and saved a SH**Load of money i dumped into the S.

You give me this horr1ble mod fever, and now you get sensable!

Anyway, I understand what you are saying, and yes, you can leave your "S" just the way it was when you bought it. It is one of the great cars in my opinion.

Now, having said that, my intention is to never trade off this car. It has a life time contract, read that, "till I wreck it, or parts are no longer available." I will likely never add forced induction, and most of the mods I make will likely be reguarded as "rice" by the performance/track fanatics that drive this car. I will never be racing (too old and poor). My goal is to update the looks and slowly get it ready for "show". With that in mind, thermal wrap on a battery and/or exhaust header are out, and chrome bolt covers, magna clamps and stainless steel lines are in. None of those things are necessary, but all are soooo pretty.

Anyway, I picked up the powder coated parts from Keystone, and they look awesome! Murray Honda has them now, and will likely do the installs this week, along with the polished pulley set and the stainless exhaust header. I'll post picks when I can, but I will likely be spending my winter replacing lines and clamps and "dressing" the engine. Oh yeah, I got the polished alumium fuel rail cover to replace the stock plastic one. Things are going to shine!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 AM

You'll be buying chrome cleaner by the 55 gallon drum size
Old 12-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Dec 4 2007, 03:26 PM
You'll be buying chrome cleaner by the 55 gallon drum size
yeah - mayby I can work out a joint shipping plan with Aldo - he can pick up his 55 gallon drum of hair gel while I get my polish - I wonder what would happen if we switched drums?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Each of us buy a car for their own reasons, and I'm in the same position as you are. This is my last sports car so I'll set it up the way I want to. So keep up the good work and build your car.
Now if I was young again, a Viper sounds very good.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 PM

My take on the sports car possesion subject is this.....I love the S, but when I'm on the road or reading Car and Driver and see all the cars out there I have yet to drive and own I feel like a fat kid standing in Baskin Robbins. So many flavors and so little time. Though its very faint right now, I hear an e46 M3 calling my name. No room for booster seats in the S and the kids just complain too much when they ride in the trunk.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by villain2000,Dec 4 2007, 08:11 PM
My take on the sports car possesion subject is this.....I love the S, but when I'm on the road or reading Car and Driver and see all the cars out there I have yet to drive and own I feel like a fat kid standing in Baskin Robbins. So many flavors and so little time. Though its very faint right now, I hear an e46 M3 calling my name. No room for booster seats in the S and the kids just complain too much when they ride in the trunk.
I hear you on that! All my life Ihave wanted a roadster. But family, bills, education and its seems just about everything else got in the way. So for me this is my first and likely my last sports car. the kids are all educated and have made good in the real world, house is mostly paid for, retirement is fully funded, and well, now I'm just like that fat kid in Baskin robbins - trying to figure out how to jam all 51 favors into one cone!

I never will likely own a BMW, but they are an awesome work of engineering. No one says "It's just a BMW". (Unlike our much disrespected Honda).
Old 12-05-2007, 06:21 PM

well the nice thing about the mods your doing is that it will not depreciate the value at all....so your not really wasting the money like i did....just my 2 cents here. Its nice your keeping the car unlike me....i get tired of cars fairly quick and move on the next big thing i can afford...and i have a feeling the viper is where i will be happy....its exactly what i wanted in a car....and more. So just remember its about enjoying the ride and all the time you've spent in the mods to get it where your at.....thats what its all about.

Aldo....as far as the E46.....that is really tempting in your situation with a family.....thats an everyday supercar....have you seen the new ones with the V-8 now and over 400hp.....and just remember my mom is buying an S2k in '08 for sure.....and like i told you.....we will make you the 1st offer for yours if your seriously selling....so just remember that.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by bc02,Dec 5 2007, 10:21 PM
well the nice thing about the mods your doing is that it will not depreciate the value at all....so your not really wasting the money like i did....just my 2 cents here. Its nice your keeping the car unlike me....i get tired of cars fairly quick and move on the next big thing i can afford...and i have a feeling the viper is where i will be happy....its exactly what i wanted in a car....and more. So just remember its about enjoying the ride and all the time you've spent in the mods to get it where your at.....thats what its all about.

Aldo....as far as the E46.....that is really tempting in your situation with a family.....thats an everyday supercar....have you seen the new ones with the V-8 now and over 400hp.....and just remember my mom is buying an S2k in '08 for sure.....and like i told you.....we will make you the 1st offer for yours if your seriously selling....so just remember that.
Bill, you guys would be the first I would call. It would help to know that the car goes to a home where it would be appreciated. That would truly be a hard day for me. I do love this car, but my family always comes first and spending time with them is always my first priority. With and M3 I can have 95% of the fun and none of the guilt.

Quick Reply: Engine Bling