Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Engine Bling

Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the project moves forward. Ordered pulley set from Ricks.

polished Alum. set. $279.00 More than $100.00 savings over Unorthodox Racing set and includes idler and tension pulley.

Megan Polished Header - Group Buy on this site $299.00

Keystone Powder coat on Valve cover, intake manifold, sprk plug cover and alternator - $415.00

Labor on Honda tech to do tear down, reassemble and adjust valves and check valve retainers - $405.000

Total $1398 - I don't think thats too bad a deal. It will be a few weeks for parts to arrive and get this off the ground, but, well I'm a little excited (obviously I don't get out much)
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 AM

Well, I have hit a snag - Ricks just e-mailed me and they no longer supply the pulleys - still not sure about unorthodox racing and no one - I mean no one seems to be posting any replies to my inquiries. ( Am I on everybodies ignore list )
I have a "want to buy" out on the forum and posted an earlier inquirey on unorthodox racing. I am a little nervious buying something that no one else is apparently using. And it seems that this is not a mod many people even consider for some reason. Anyway, the header is on its way and I may just hold off on the pulley set until something better comes along.

Please post up your advice on what you think I should do -
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would give you my thoughts Dave except I don't know what the hell you are talking about
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,Oct 22 2007, 10:35 AM
I would give you my thoughts Dave except I don't know what the hell you are talking about
Well, thanks for posting - at least I,m not being ignored! And if it's any comfort, I don't know what I am talking about either!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 AM

Well, I have solved my pulley problem . I found a set via the "Want to buy" thread in the market place forum. An S2000 owner in Atlanta had a set of Silver Ricks pulley's that were new, never installed, so I have worked out a buy from him thru my son, who lives just outside of Atlanta. I hope to have these sometime in the next week or so and schedule tear down in mid to late November. (This is going to be fun).
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM

And the saga continues! Car scheduled at dealer for tear down this Friday.
1. Pulleys in shipping from Atlanta and should be here today or tommorrow

2. Polished header in garage with car

3. Powder coater lined up to do coating next week with delivery on Monday

4. Polished Alum. Fuel rail cover ordered and on its way

5. Oh, yeah already put hard top on because car will be setting outside for a couple of days.

6. Tower strut bar removed and brackets ready for powder coater.

Now all I have to get is polished alum oil cap and dip stick (have not found this item anywhere!) , battery tie down, and do something with the heat shield!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:23 AM

Good luck with all the installs going on.....the reason why no one got back to you with the pulleys is because there is no gain in power there....just "Bling factor" and thats probably why Rick's stopped production with them....they will look nice though and its not a hard install either....the header will look nice and gain you about 10 ft. lbs of torque in the midrange which you should feel....and everything else in the bay should look sweet.....looking forward to seeing the pics
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by bc02,Nov 15 2007, 03:23 PM
Good luck with all the installs going on.....the reason why no one got back to you with the pulleys is because there is no gain in power there....just "Bling factor" and thats probably why Rick's stopped production with them....they will look nice though and its not a hard install either....the header will look nice and gain you about 10 ft. lbs of torque in the midrange which you should feel....and everything else in the bay should look sweet.....looking forward to seeing the pics
Bling is what I am going for - the only way the pulleys make any gain is to replace the crank pulley. reduction of 1 lb there adds 2.7 hp - thats it, nothing more. to do that cost $360 from unorthodox and $960 from Tracy motor sports - hardly worth the investment if your just looking for HP. Ricks set replaces the water pump, alternator, idler and tensioner, but not the crank. Tracy motor sports replaces them all, and basically voids the warrenty on your crank bearings - if they wear out they will blame the crank pulley, so no warrenty.

As for the header, I expect that I may see some improvement on the low to mid range, nothing in the top end and probably would need to do some changes to engine management ot see all the gains of intake, exhaust and header. Mayby someday a new ECU.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:02 PM

honostly.....i wouldn't even bother going for more power all motor...its all a waste of money.

If you want more power in the future in my opinion the only way to go is with a big turbo kit....anything else and you will not be impressed....so thats why i say its all a waste of money.

now if your going for just bling.....your taking the right path
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bc02,Nov 16 2007, 07:02 PM

now if your going for just bling.....your taking the right path
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Quick Reply: Engine Bling