Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

DYNO day this Saturday the 2nd @ 1pm

Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO day this Saturday the 2nd @ 1pm

This Saturday the 2nd at Stropes Speed shop in Washington.....we are dynoing Dennis's new charger and i am going to dyno mine too since my last batch of mods have gone on......i need some new numbers too....does anyone else want to go with us.....you don't have to dyno yours .......you can just come along with us if you wish and watch.....cost is $100 for your 2 basic pulls.....and they charge by the 1/2 hr after that if you plan on makeing more pulls for tuneing purposes.....but i don't think anyone needs tuning.....so you would just get your basic 2 pulls.....post here if you are just interested in coming along so we can meet up on the way there.....we will have the dyno at 1 PM.......they are ususally running a little late so you timeing doesn't have to be perfect....this is a great chance to see us fine tune dennis's new charger and see 300 HP at the wheels on the dyno from the S2k....Later, BILL
Old 08-28-2006, 05:26 PM

Hey Bill, what kind of dyno is it? I may be able to make it.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was all for it .......till you said stropes, im out.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:02 PM

Stropes dynojet is the most accurate one in Pittsburgh.....i've been on 3 different dynos in the w.pa area and have had 3 different readings each time and then did my research and found out that Stropes dyno was within a HP of what my AP2 should lay down at the wheel......people come from all over the place to dyno there.......last time i was there that single-turbo Supra from greensburgh was there laying down over 1,100 at the wheel with a guy they flew in all the way from Texas to tune there........believe me i won't dyno anywhere else because of inconsistant readings.....both Bill and espically Arron know far more about tuning and building motors than anyone on this forum and they won't accept a dyno that is cheap and inconsistant......they are mainly known for domestic cars but are well qualified to work on anything but i only need to dyno there......and $90+tax is in the ball park of what other dynos charge anyway....so its not like your going to dyno your car for 20 bucks somewhere else.....Stropes has been there for years and every time i have been there i have seen plates on customer cars in there from around the country....if your going to bash one of the top tuning shops in the W.PA area i don't really care if you come anyway and i don't even know who the hell you are!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 PM

whoa..........calm down dude. i didnt bash stropes..yet. all i said is i would not go to stropes for anything. i have my reasons. i know bill and arron, and have had a car tuned there before.in matter of fact 3 cars all domestic ( trans ams ls1 ) all three had to be re-tuned in toronto at agostino racing for different reasons.... also 2 of my friends went there to have turbos installed on there cars and both were towed out of there for reasons i wont get into because i wont bash stropes any further, wont waste my time. sure its one of the best dynos around. i agree, but best tuners around i think not. and i dont know who the hell you are either, nor do i care.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Interesting story......honostly haven't heard many like it.....pretty vague with details too...i know they specialize in late model domestics.....i have seen many trans AMs and vettes down there....and all were extremely modified and had plates from all over the country....one as far as flordia....i really don't care much about them nor have i had him work on any of my cars.....but i can't see how they could stay in business for years with stories like that and still get customer cars from all over the country and land magazine cars.....i have heard nothing but positive remarks from locals up the track about them.....so i can't relate to you.....but as far as anthing being towed out of there i think i would of heard about it because i know them fairly well.....and the only cars i have heard him tell me that had problems with were customer cars brought in and blew up on the dyno.....which is not their fault....turbo kits are so basic to install.....arron could do that in his sleep compared to the motors he builds and ships out.....they are so basic to install....i am not buying your story....it sounds like a 2nd hand BS story from someone that doesn't like domestics for some reason?? i know they don't have cars towed out of there for a fact..... they are still one of the best shops around here for domestics.....i just need their dyno for accurate pulls.....i have my tuning done by Jay at Hybrid....which is the best import tuner shop around in our area.....but anyway.....all i need is dyno time there....and am glad i am not into Domestics

PS.....why have i never seen your posts before in this forum??? you must be from the W.pa area to know who i am talking about
Old 08-29-2006, 04:22 AM

I gotta agree with Bill. Heard nothing but good things about Stropes. I have a friend who is heavily into tuning late model Mustangs, and he will use no one else.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:01 AM

wont get into details because i dont want to bash stropes any further and dont have enough time, if you want details go to ls1.com or ls1 tech.com do a search............ i am not the only ls1 owner or previous owner that feels this way. and you are right cars from all over the east coast have been there, any business can put generic add in pontiac perf mag and get some business. im sure bill is doing something right to be in business as long as he has, but arron as a tuner......not one of the best, i know 5 times over. also the b.s. story of cars being towed out of there... ask jay thatcher from ambridge why his 99 t/a was towed out of there.....pm me i will give you his cell if u really want details.he now owns 2 cars he had to completly redo since being towed out of stropes speed shop in washington pa.........in matter of fact he bought the camaro for half of what it was worth because the previous owner was fed up of all the problems with the car stemming from what was done there....no b.s here and i like domestics i own a 02 vette and 10 sec t/a. and as far as jay at hybrid.great wouldnt bash him, dont have a reason..i dont make up b.s. story's .... just MY experience. and i am from western pa, beaver county area.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:05 AM

obviously stropes isnt tuning S2000's ........... i think then, this forum would be less 1 sided. just my thoughts.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PAYELS2K,Aug 28 2006, 09:13 PM
i was all for it .......till you said stropes, im out.
If you didn't want to get into details, then you really shouldn't have posted this. All the other bs aside, this was an unnecessary post. You were fishing for some sort of debate.

Quick Reply: DYNO day this Saturday the 2nd @ 1pm