Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Club Improvement Idea

Old 04-24-2006, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Club Improvement Idea

Over the weekend, I had some time to sit and think about ways to improve the Allegheny Club. As much as I enjoy organizing activities and meetings...one person just can't do everything well. Not to mention...keep up with all the information that should be posted. My thinking is this...I would like to assign "Coordinators" to various committees. Some of the committees that were running through my head include:

1. Track, Autocross & Drag Events
2. Charity Events
3. Membership and Club Growth

I am going to Sticky these three committees at the top of the forum. The "coordinators" of each committee will be responsible for that area. Each coordinator will post info pertaining to their committee. For example, if a track event is coming up...the coodinator can post track info there or collect information from other members regarding other track events. Since some of you are "plugged" into this scene, this should help the club keep up to date with specific track events.

Same thing will go for the Charity and Membership areas...the coordinators will be responsible to maintain specific info for these areas. Dates, times, membership info, official welcomes, etc...

I know this idea sounds a little different from the norm...but in reality...we are already doing this. Unfortunately, most of this info gets lost somewhere in the general forum discussion area. If we do this, the stickies will stay at the top of the forum and serve to inform members interested in those areas.

How does this idea sound??? If anyone has any suggestions or questions, please let me know. If the club is ok with this idea, I would like the club to open nominations for the coodinators of each committee. I would like to nominate the following members to the various ccommittees:

1. Track, Autocross & Drag Events........bco2
2. Charity Events.......Villian2000
3. Membership.....Jumpy Guy

If anyone else is interested, or would like to head another committees or help serve on a specific committee, please let me know!

-Dennis
Old 04-24-2006, 09:28 AM

couldn't hurt!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:25 PM

sounds great Dennis.......PM sent
Old 04-24-2006, 05:52 PM

I'm in.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:42 PM

Thanks guys! I really think this will be a great addition to our club. Like Ryan says..."couldn't hurt"...

All of you were doing these jobs anyway...now we can keep the club updated and hopefully on the same page. I really think having this info at the top of the forum will help members easily find the specific info they are interested in. Also, having a "coordinator" contact is an added bonus.

Thanks again for your help.

If anyone else would like to help coordinate a specific committee, please contact me or any of the coordinators listing in the stickies. Or, if you have something to add, please feel free to post it in the appropriate area!

-Dennis
Old 04-25-2006, 08:35 AM

maybe.....night life coordinator....or social committee!?!? haha
Old 04-25-2006, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by WVtwisties,Apr 25 2006, 11:35 AM
maybe.....night life coordinator....or social committee!?!? haha
I did think about making you the coordinator of the "Social Committee". However, I have a feeling you would set something up...charge a cover...and I would have to "delete" or "edit" all your posts. It would just make more work for me!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:42 AM

hahaha..seeing the problems before they occur is why you're our leader!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by WVtwisties,Apr 26 2006, 08:42 AM
hahaha..seeing the problems before they occur is why you're our leader!

BTW...Have you found a replacement for your S2K yet? You do know our first group drive is coming up May 27? If you don't have one by then, I'm sure Steve can pack you and Magnus into the Eclipse.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:38 AM

no replacement yet...i don't know if i can quite afford an exige at this point and i haven't had the time to look for any used vehicles..i'm taking my time on this choice. i doubt i'll have made a purchase by the first ride..but by my ride i'll have something!

until then..would i be welcome on my motorcycle???

Quick Reply: Club Improvement Idea