Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

2nd Annual Wash & Wax Day

Old 05-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Maury for hosting this, it was nice to hang out with some great guys. Here are a couple of the pics that I took.
Maury giving a helping hand!

Aldo getting started.

Dave's super clean NFR!

Tom made it too!

It's wax time!

Paul's car looked great, new paint and other goodies under the hood

Of course we had to take a ride in the clean cars!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,May 2 2009, 09:48 PM
We were out on a great drive. Left at 4PM
Maury got us lost and had to stop and ask locals not once, but twice where we were. In fact, his exact words both times were, "Excuse me, can you tell me where in the hell we are?" Still it was a great drive and helped me to fall in love with my S all over again. Maury, thanks again for being a most gracious host. Cant wait for W&W 2.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Yea, Maury takes us in the middle of nowhere on some fun roads... then i notice im almost out of gas without a gas station in site. After the second time to ask for directions, we finally get to 224, if I remember correctly. Then we drive another 10-15 minutes to get to a gas station. Yea, I drove with 0 bars showing the whole time on 224 haha.

Anyway, it was nice to finally get my car clean haha! I had a good time hangin out with you guys. We'll have to have a nice cruise sometime soon... Sam, maybe that one road we took last year?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 992 Likes on 512 Posts

Maury -

Sorry I didn't get to stop over. My day started around 9 AM with pictures, and ended around 11 PM after going back to my sisters then finally the hotel. Thanks for the invite, and I'll look forward to next time I'm in the area.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:42 AM

What a great drive we had. It's true, I had no friggin idea where we were. But we did have a lot of fun with Zajac seeing how far he could go on no bars. As a correction we ended up on 422 up by Kittanning. Looking forward to more drives in the future.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kind of wondered where you guys were headed - After you got on Route 8, I sort of figured I would be leaving the group, but everytime you took a turn, my GPS said that was the fastest route home! I sort of wondered if Maury was trying to take you guys to outback (not the restaurant).

It was a great gathering, and I did get to see some new roads - We must do it again!

Aldo, my S is no up on the rack at the Honda dealer - I'll post up when I find out what the "check engine" warning light was all about. Pics to follow soon!.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by LINESUPER,May 4 2009, 08:20 AM
I kind of wondered where you guys were headed - After you got on Route 8, I sort of figured I would be leaving the group, but everytime you took a turn, my GPS said that was the fastest route home! I sort of wondered if Maury was trying to take you guys to outback (not the restaurant).

It was a great gathering, and I did get to see some new roads - We must do it again!

Aldo, my S is no up on the rack at the Honda dealer - I'll post up when I find out what the "check engine" warning light was all about. Pics to follow soon!.
Good deal, Dave. Hope all works out okay. Tell Jeff I said hi. I seriously doubt he would remembr me, though. BTW - Get those Tein S. Tech's orderd. You wont be sorry.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, time to fess up and admit that I'm a stupid idiot - the "check engine" light was an evap warning - meaning my gas cap was not on properly -

I was so distracted by the cut seal on the spark plug well, that I had visions of very bad things going on with my engine - turns out the only bad thing was me!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad to hear that everything is ok!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 AM

Sounds like a "Maury" problem.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Wash & Wax Day