Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

1st SCCA Event of '06 held at Beaver Run

Old 04-18-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st SCCA Event of '06 held at Beaver Run

SCCA schedule is posted if any of you are interested this year.....the 1st event in the Steel City Region is May 6 at Beaver Run......i would love to have a nice turnout of our club back up at the track.....this is a club autocross event where they set up cones and make a track with them on an open parking lot(same thing as FALL COLORS did last year on the same lot)......all levels and classes so don't be shy about getting your car up there and having some fun...we will not be on the big track so don't worry about that....you hardly get your car out of 2nd gear in an autocross event....and all other cars will be street cars which most of them won't even run the times ours do....of the 30 some entries that have registered online so far the only cars running in a higher class than our S2k's are the Corvettes.....so lets make a strong showing.....i will wait to see what the weather is like that morning and if it is nice i will just register on the spot instead of online at www.scca.com....its $25 online and $35 at the gate(opens at 8:30-9:30).....let me know who is interested and we can drive up for the day....Later, BILL
Old 04-18-2006, 06:52 PM

i will go with you (i think making it contingent on weather is smart) as long as you plan on posting the best time like you did at fall colors this past year. autocrossing and tracking are by far the most enjoyable ways to experience your s2000, so come on out everyone!

dan
Old 04-18-2006, 07:44 PM

Nice hearing from ya Dan......hope you can make the 6th.....the course should be real similar to what we ran at Fall Colors .....i am interested to see the difference with the area they have to work with in that open lot at Beaver Run......my car is setup alot better now so i am expecting to be alot faster....that was a blast that Saturday at Fall Colors because we had the whole autocross course to ourselves that afternoon while everyone else was out on the big track.....we must of had like 10-15 runs each....i can't wait to see how our cars stack up against the rest of the imports and domestics up there...stay posted...LATER, BILL
Old 04-19-2006, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by bc02,Apr 18 2006, 09:35 PM
SCCA schedule is posted if any of you are interested this year.....the 1st event in the Steel City Region is May 6 at Beaver Run......i would love to have a nice turnout of our club back up at the track.....
Dang it Bill!!!

Why do these events always take place when I have something scheduled I can't get out of? I have to attend a "mandatory" continuing ed class all day Sat. However, the class starts at 2 p.m. and is in Pgh. If the auto-cross event only last an hour or so, I should be able to make both. Do you have any idea how long the event will be?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 AM

i'll go if i can codrive someone's car.

i ran these events last year in my S and did well.

there's one guy out there in a red ap1 who cleans house..he's consistantly fast lap of the day...he has a buddy who runs an M coupe.

i was steel cities b stock champ in my bmw back in '99....

so ya....i'll go if i can drive someone's car???!!!???!?!?!?
-Ryan
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by suprfunguy,Apr 19 2006, 03:55 AM
Dang it Bill!!!

Why do these events always take place when I have something scheduled I can't get out of? I have to attend a "mandatory" continuing ed class all day Sat. However, the class starts at 2 p.m. and is in Pgh. If the auto-cross event only last an hour or so, I should be able to make both. Do you have any idea how long the event will be?
fyi....these events are lllllooooonnnnggggg....all day long pretty much and you'll leave there beat if it's a warm day.

they usually do three heats...the groups are drive first, work first, rest first.

so whichever heat you are originally that's your cycle for the rest of the day. what they really hate is if you don't complete your cycle...driving without completing the other two is a big no-no!

it's a ton of fun though!

at the end of the day, weather and day light permitting they do fun runs.

i'd say it's a 8am to 6pm day.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by bc02,Apr 18 2006, 07:44 PM
i can't wait to see how our cars stack up against the rest of the imports and domestics up there...stay posted...LATER, BILL
well....the S2000 is arguably the best autocross car on earth out of the box!

so much of it is the driver but if that remains equal the S2K is just as fast as vettes, vipers, sti's, evo's, miatas, and you name it pretty much...it's a great feeling! the miatas give us a big run for our money and a muscle car with a good driver should as well.

another thing that makes a huge difference are tires...if you're running stickies you can chop ~2 seconds off your time.....also...clean runs make a world of difference as cones are i believe 2 seconds..i forget now but they add up quick!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by bc02,Apr 18 2006, 06:35 PM
you hardly get your car out of 2nd gear in an autocross event.
oh...and it's more like you hardly get your car out of first gear and definitely will never see 3rd....that's the biggest issue with the S is the lack of low end tourque...requiring us to do some downshifting exiting slow turns in transitional areas...it's hard to weigh the adv of two extra shifts (down then back up) as opposed to waiting out the vtec lag...but the S can feel bogged down at times on course. it's easy to want to charge tight turns but you have to fight that because you'll just end up off line and in the cones or compromising your next turn point of entry.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:23 PM

Bill, I wont be able to make it to this one... got a thing in winchester, the pirates are playing the nationals in DC, plus I got a day at summit.... busy weekend for me.

BUT, I will be at beaver on may 13-14th who else is coming to that?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3312DC,Apr 22 2006, 11:23 PM
BUT, I will be at beaver on may 13-14th who else is coming to that?
Do you have any details of the event???

Quick Reply: 1st SCCA Event of '06 held at Beaver Run