Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

War Damn Eagle!

Old 11-23-2003, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default War Damn Eagle!

How about them Auburn Tigers. I went to Auburn by the way, I'm n ot just some crazy from Dallas trying to start $hit. Too bad Tommy Tubberville is about to be fired though. But when given such great players like this year, and do nothing with them, he kinda deserves it. Just my opinion. Anyway, time to rub it in my parents faces. My whole family is Tide fans.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:31 AM

awww go back to Texas! I was at the game too, it was great. Almost got into it with a few Auburn kids. We'll get em next year. ROLL TIDE!
-Patrick
Old 11-23-2003, 12:33 PM

I was afraid we had given the game away at the end! To dominate so early, we lost focus in the second half. The best thing about the game was Tubby being interviewed after the game. They asked him if he thought he was going to lose his job tomorrow, and he said "I don't care! We just beat Bama!" Very nice. War Eagle!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 12:45 PM

Yeah, I liked that statement. I do think he's a decent coach, but he had so many great weapons this year, and he didn't do a great job of utilizing them. Auburn should have been in the top 10 the whole season with the amount of talent they had this year.

The greatest thing though, is Carnell Williams is only in his sophmore year of his eligibility.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:01 PM

I think they let the whole preseason ranking go to their head! They only games we were dominated were by USC and LSU, who are 2 and 3 respectively. It is rumored that Carnell will leave if Tubby is fired. They just need a better QB. Campbell can't handle the presure! I hope he stays around for another year and gives it another go!

As for our friends in T-Town, I have to give them some props for their play. They always looked like they were enjoying the game. Something the Tigers haven't done for most of the season. I feel bad for them for the next few years. The effects of being on probabtion are going to start to show soon. Hopefully they will be good enough to make the Iron Bowl enjoyable next season also!

Patrick, you in a fratenity down there? My little cousin is a Junior there.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:17 PM

I too am an Auburn grad, so I have to say War Eagle!!!

On the coach situation, I have to say that firing Coach Tuberville would be a big mistake. I think you have to look at what he has done with this program as whole since he got there. Not only that, but as already stated, those preseason rankings are what is making this situation look so bad. The only embarrassing loss has to be to GA Tech. Ole Miss dominated the west until they played LSU, and we should have beat them. LSU is #3, USC is #2, GA is having a few problems, but still top ten all year, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sure we had some weapons, but we also had some problems. I think that the offensive coordinator situation may be the one that needs to be solved, not the head coaching position. We could also use a kicker and some special teams help. Tuberville was looking out for his staff, promoting from within, and it did not work out. Time to look elsewhere. As for our QB, he was great in high school, but three offensive coordinators in three years, that will hurt anyone, and only one of them played on his mobility and ability to run the ball. He was coming into his own as a QB last year, and then they had to change it again. I am as big an AU fan as anyone, but I refuse to jump on the fire TT bandwagon.

The president needs to stay out of athletic decisions that he has no business making, the AD needs to grow some balls and step up to the plate for his coach, and somebody needs to call Tuberville and congratulate him on the Iron Bowl victory. If he leaves AU in the next week or so, part of my school pride will leave with him, and I may take my support where ever he goes. I also have to say that U of A gave us a hell of a game, they never gave up, and Shula is a stand up guy. He is going to be a great head coach.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:19 AM

All very true. And Schula is going to bring another National Championship to Bama if he stays there and Bama can keep their issue of paying players quiet like all other college teams. But the real problem in Tuscaloosa is the damn rich alumni that keep giving "gifts".
Old 11-24-2003, 02:33 PM

Ill agree with that. Next year when its in Tuscaloosa everybody should come to the game and meet up, Ill be there again.
-No, im younger than that. Im probobly one of the youngest on the forum with an s2k.
-Patrick
Old 12-01-2003, 10:00 AM

Looks like the natives are restless! I read this and agreed, so I signed. Wanted to share it with all my other Auburn friends!

http://www.petitiononline.com/aufb2/petition.html
Old 12-01-2003, 11:25 AM

Signed! Lowder is such a snake in the grass. He is simply a power monger that buys his power since no one respects him. Lowder has caused many problems at AU and he should not be allowed to be on the board.

Quick Reply: War Damn Eagle!