Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Official Post Whore Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Sep 3 2009, 07:35 PM
RBC3 will now be known as Rob Jeremy.

It has been written, therefore it is true and just.
too funny. I was on a business trip a few years ago and me and two other guys were trying to catch our flight in the Cincinnati airport. I turned a corner and almost ran right into Ron Jeremy. I had one of those celeb sighting moments, but I wasn't sure if I should say anything or not. I didn't know if the two guys I was with would know who he was. So i kinda just pointed at him and he gave me a little head nod.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris,

Do you know anything about Peugeots? My grandfather has a 505 (late 70s or early 80s model) sitting in his shop that hasn't moved in years. Wondering if we could swap a small block v8 for rally cross. I'm sure you can with enough money, but just curious if you knew anything about them. Maybe we will just pull the motor and see rebuild it just for practice. I've never torn apart a motor before, thought many times about going to a junkyard and just picking something up just to take apart and put back together.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Let me know if you need any help pulling the motor. Sounds like a fun project.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

They stopped importing Peugeots over 20 years ago IIRC... You'll be hard pressed finding parts to rebuild a stock one. 30 year old Frog mobile would not be my 1st choice for a project car. The little my older brother messed with them years ago made me never want a Renault, Peugeot, or Citroen. The French didn't build cars like the rest of the world.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM

He was telling me they continued building the 505 until like 2003 or something in places like Nigeria. IDK

It had an oil leak and he pulled it into the shop and it hasn't moved in years. He just retired about 2 weeks ago. We were talking about it when we were replacing my shock and doing some fluid changes and he was like "Instead of sitting in the house watching TV I could come out here and work on it a couple hours a day or so." Hell I don't blame him. My grandmother is diabetic and has a slew of health problems so she doesn't get out of bed that much. He has a 4 bay shop and has a pretty sweet set up.

Hell he has/can do about anything. He did cowboy action shooting so he has all kinds of reloading equipment. He got into making knives so there is a fordge out there also. Tons of woodworking equipment. When I was in boy scouts he built me a pinewood durby ramp so we could test cars to make the fastest one.

I'm just afraid if he starts slowing down he will go downhill. He is the one that autocrosses with me. He has an 85 and an 02 MR2. I'm hoping we can find some sort of project we can do before he gets to where he can't anymore. He already has had prostate cancer (successfully removed) and I have noticed he can't get around like he used to.

Sorry for the long post /rant
Old 09-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by ROLLINS,Sep 8 2009, 08:58 PM
Let me know if you need any help pulling the motor. Sounds like a fun project.
Thanks Andy. I will let you know if he/we get around to working on it.

He has a pretty impressive stable of cars, some of the years I'm unsure about

200? Caddy Deville
200? PT Cruiser (my grandmothers)
90? GMC 1500 series
85 MR2
2002 MR2 Spyder
197? Peugoet 505
200? Chrystler Town and Country
1988 Olds 98

Funny thing is they are all for just him and my grandmother, and I got to drive the Spyder while getting my bumper replaced

All of them run except the Peugoet. Hell it might run if we tried it. There is even the first all aluminum olds V8 out in the shop. It is super small though something like a 214 or so (IDK the number even though he has told me). Don't know if it is true or not since it was all aluminum and thus warped pretty easy. That was going to be the rat rod engine.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 AM

Dale, I remember meeting your Grandfather at an Autocross event a few years ago. I thought then that he was a really cool old guy. You mention him from time to time in your posts, so I know that he means a lot to you. I sincerely hope that he stays in high spirits and is not on any kind of decline health wise.....I hope you guys do get around to fixing up that old car.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the Dothan autocross is this coming Sunday.

Things might get a little hairy as I've got new suspension, a different seat, wider tires, and a very mild alignment setup.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ROLLINS,Sep 9 2009, 10:12 AM
Dale, I remember meeting your Grandfather at an Autocross event a few years ago. I thought then that he was a really cool old guy. You mention him from time to time in your posts, so I know that he means a lot to you. I sincerely hope that he stays in high spirits and is not on any kind of decline health wise.....I hope you guys do get around to fixing up that old car.
Thanks Andy!

Russ what have you done to the Z now?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped in some KW V3's, tossed in a Sparco EVO seat, and mounted 265/35's up front and 305/30's on the rear.

Quick Reply: Official Post Whore Thread