Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Mister 2 hit yesterday!

Old 08-26-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mister 2 hit yesterday!

Well it was raining pretty good yesterday, so I decided to take a safer way home with less traffic. Boy was that a mistake. I get off the highway & as I come to the first intersection I notice a Ford Taurus turning left on a red light (that has been red 15-20 seconds?) and coming into my lane of the intersection. I blow my air horns three times before this idiot stops & I continue onto the next red light. As I come to a stop I see the Taurus coming up behind me and I
Old 08-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I'd of done the same thing. Any accident with someone you are not related to or very close friends, Call the police for an accident report.

Repainting a bumper isn't cheap. (300-400$ last time I priced it) I wouldn't want to foot the bill when the other driver can pay her deductable because she hit you.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:54 PM

IMNSHO, you did the right thing. Your car was pristine before her negligence changed that. Regardless of intent or any other peripheral factor, she caused damage to your vehicle and should pay to have it repaired.

A month ago, my wife and I bought an '04 MDX, NAV, RES, the works. A week after she bought it, a very kind gentleman opened his door WAY too hard and door dinged the body side molding to the point that it dented it and removed paint. He didn't realize she was in the vehicle and began to drive away. My wife (she's little, but she's fiery) got out and beat on his back window before he pulled off. After explaining that she was in the car, etc. she asked that he pay to have it repaired. He claimed that the damage was minor, and in the body side molding to boot. That's what the molding is for, he argues. My wife patiently explains that the car is new and the molding was without fault until he hit it.

Needless to say, he purchased an entire set of side strips so that my wife could have that piece replaced.

Long story short: If you're evil, so are we.

Seriously, sleep well.

JPOG
Old 08-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,292 Likes on 1,044 Posts

The elderly are more frightning than Hillfigger wiggers in Mustangs. A bumper ding today, dragging a baby carrage under the car for 6 blocks tomorow. I'll never forget the time the family was going to Sunday lunch with my grandfather behind the wheel, when he suddenly, for no apparent reason, decided to enter the exit ramp to the highway. Fortunately we escaped unscathed, although the sound of my Mother, Aunt, and Grandmother's shrill screams in that confined space, still echo in my head at exit ramps to this day.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:19 AM

Definately not evil. I've been hit by elderly people twice (not in my S). Each of these accidents should be reported so their licence may be revoked if necessary. It's not cruel... it may save a life.

My grandfather was in two serious accidents before they finally revoked his licence. I wish they had taken it after the first. In fact, I honestly think after the age of 75 there should be mandatory bi-annual road testing, if not more often.