Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

January 25th Autocross

Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, they have loaners. or you could use mine. helmets are taken care of

you don't have to register now, its all the same to just do it when you get there. but if you want to, go to the gulf coast region website and look at everything. they also have a function to give you directions from wherever it is that youre coming from.

If youre in the daphne/spanish fort area, our crew meets that morning between 7 and 730 at books a million(its right off the interstate) and we leave together. If youre in mobile already, that wouldnt make too much sense though. the track is a little ways on exit 4 Grand Bay exit.

Any more questions, just let me know!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by frycow' date='Jan 14 2009, 09:09 PM
I want to go, but I need new tires and more importantly, I have to fly to Miami that day. I'm debating whether to schedule the flight for the evening...
We don't usually finish up until around 4:30 or 5. where are you flying out of?

And my first autocross was performed on tires with about 20% tread...
Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM

New Orleans. I probably wouldn't get to stay for the entire event.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM

That would be good to meet yall there. I might take you up on that. I use to live in daphne about a year ago my parents still live over there. Yea ive been to sunny south a couple of times when i use to race my supermoto dirtbike there. never ran the s2k yet I'm gettin pretty pumped!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM

i guess we'll see you out there then. good to know weve got another S racing where it belongs!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 PM

Registered.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:03 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm going to have to miss this one. I had an aunt die this morning and her funeral will be Sunday.

She had been very ill for some time so while it is sad it was not unexpected. It was time.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM

Registered as well

2 things...

1- Topper... I'm very sorry for you loss Strange thing is, I had a Great Grand mother pass away this morning as well! At the amazing age of 96.

2- Is my car in A stock now Topper? I can't seem to find the rules on it... EVERYTHING is stock except the CR wing, and there isn't any trunk carpet in the car (or ANYTHING in the trunk for that matter...) ... I bought new suspension for it, and will be putting it on before February so I'll be back in SM2 then, but what about for this Sunday?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:03 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would think with the CF hood and the wing it would not be stock. In fact the wing alone should knock you out of stock but if no one protest...

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Grand Mother. Her advanced age certainly gives you hope of living long enough to bug the crap out of thousands of people!

I hope you had the chance to really get to know her and her history and stories. Just think, she probably knew people who were born into slavery, people who fought in the Civil War, she lived through World War I, The Great Depression, WWII, The Korean War, Viet Nam, radio and cars becoming common, moving and talking picture shows, the birth of TV, the thrill of seeing color TV, the space race, Air travel, computers, the internet, and so much more. While she was a old lady all of your life just imagine all the history she has seen and experienced.

My Aunt that passed away yesterday was only 89 years old.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM

I really wish I had, however she lived her whole life in Michigan

Rarely got to see her

I'm thinking I'll still be in Astock because that wing is a replica of the one on the CR... and the CR is Astock...

I thought an exhaust was supposed to bump you to Bstock, and the racemints are Astock.

Quick Reply: January 25th Autocross