Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

GOT ANOTHER ONE!

Old 08-07-2006, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im meeting with the PDR guy tomorrow and seeing what he can do about it. i talked to the 2 asshats tonight, when they say the papers they were almost crapping bricks. the one who actually landed on it responded with " i barley touched it" in which i simply said "yeah, its a sports car. what did you expect?" followed by a 'your a moron' look.

Rob, if the PDR guy cant remove 90% of the dent then they will be paying the 700 dollars for a full repair. my car is an 02 and isnt perfect but no need in this to happen. ill take pictures tomorrow night of where we all park, where i park (away from everyone) and the 500 feet of empty parking spaces no one is ever in which they could have went and fooled around in.

as Clint said, the dent does look alot worse in person. im pretty embarassed to bring it thursday night to the theature to see the movie.

Chuck, even if they do pay it will be mommy and daddys money because they are rich kids. i work hard to keep my s2000, ive wanted one for a very very long time, and <insert profanity> heads have to mess it up. its rare anyone in hartselle has a since of responsibility.

*still venting, sorry. my friends are all trying to keep me from hitting the kid in the face with a baseball bat.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by importkid,Aug 7 2006, 11:31 PM
*still venting, sorry. my friends are all trying to keep me from hitting the kid in the face with a baseball bat.
trying to keep him from smahing dudes face in is my since of responsibility
Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by importkid,Aug 8 2006, 02:31 AM
my friends are all trying to keep me from hitting the kid in the face with a baseball bat.
While it might feel good, just keep the future in mind when making those decisions.
It could ultimately do more harm than good to you.

Often taking them to court and all that is a hassle and costs more unless you sue them for that too. This can end up costing the good guy and makes it easier for those that just don't give a damn to get away with things. I really hope this works out for the best. Keep a level head and gather as much information as you can before speaking with them.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nosman,Aug 8 2006, 10:35 AM
While it might feel good, just keep the future in mind when making those decisions.
It could ultimately do more harm than good to you.

i know. thats always in the back of my mind.

i spoke with a reputable PDR guy today and he said he can get it out. however it would be 90% as good and cost more than if i get it fixed properly; and he cant get to it untill the start of next year.

Rob, i cunsulted the body shop about their methods and they tack weld studs onto the dents, pull them up level and dont use any bondo. the place i intend on using is called Colors, i have several friends who have let them do work and it has all turned out amazing. most say they can never tell where the new paint is because the blend is so good.

Nos, we do plan on adding court fees to the price if it comes to that. i havent spoken to either of their parents but if they turn into dicks about it i will, maybe it will save alot of hassle and they can pay out of pocket.

one of the shop guys said my comprehensive coverage might take this, but my deductible (sp?) is 1000. if i can get that i can have all the dents in the car removed for that price though and my rates not go up.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Why not just take off the fender and bang it out with the special dent tools that have?

And repaint then area if needed.

Tack welding studs implies steel studs.

Make sure they paint the underside of the fender to prevent rust that would go unseen until it became a problem.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by MugenRioS2k,Aug 8 2006, 02:10 PM
Why not just take off the fender and bang it out with the special dent tools that have?
its on the crease. thats why its such a problem. if your friend at JD can do something ill drive up and let him have a look.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:58 AM

i am not very happy right now not to the fact that David got a dent in his hood from some kid jumping on it but now the same thing happpened to me my cousin jumped on my hood and now i have a really huge dent in my hood i could really kill him
Old 08-19-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of whip you got?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:57 PM

I vote that you kill him!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:01 AM

clint is the proud owner of a izuzu rodeo.....non- 4 wheel drive.

Steve, end of the month on mine and were sueing (sp?) then after thats overi am going to kill him...

Quick Reply: GOT ANOTHER ONE!