Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

GOT ANOTHER ONE!

Old 08-07-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that sucks!

hope it works out for you man.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:41 PM

Joking around or not, they are responsible! If you hit a baseball through your neigbors window, then you have to pay to fix it. Being an accident means there is no criminal charges, but it doesn't mean there is no responsibility! You need to tell them that if they don't pay up, then you will be getting a lawyer and taking them to small claims court! I'll be glad to explain more to you if you want.

Don't think they don't have to pay, cuz they do!!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Dave! Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I agree with Rob, they are responsible. I'm sure you have several witnesses to them being jackasses.... Maybe the dent doctor can fix it, but that looks pretty bad in the pics.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:25 PM

A new fender is just $250 from Majestic Honda. Rob can maybe get it for you cheaper from our buddy Hardtopguy. But it will still need to be painted. So figure $200 for paint (just a guess) I would get the new fender versus repairing yours, unless the dent doctor can pull it out.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:56 PM

I hope the guys will step up and cover for the repairs, whether that's the dent doc or the new fender and paint. It's admirable that they feel bad about the inci"dent", and if they do follow through to cover the prob they caused, I might take back my first impression comments regarding the responsibility they've learned so far in life.

On another note ... it reminds me of when my dad bought a new Chevy C-10 (you know the ones you could close the hood behind you and still have room to work on the engine ... lol) when I was 10. Dad was certainly not an athlete, but I talked him into playing catch with me in the yard ... threw one right by him and put a 1/3 softball dent in the right front quarterpanel ... that dent stayed there till I got out of school, bought the truck from him, and finally retired it.

Funny how little things pop up in the memory now an then.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Countnkick,Aug 7 2006, 08:56 PM
On another note ... it reminds me of when my dad bought a new Chevy C-10 (you know the ones you could close the hood behind you and still have room to work on the engine ... lol) when I was 10.

Funny how little things pop up in the memory now an then.

My dad had two of those (at different times) when I was growing up. The first when I was very young and the second one when I was about 16 or 17. I never dented it or anything, but I used to take it out floor it. I could litterally watch the gas hand drop toward empty. One good romp on it would burn about a 1/4 tank
Old 08-07-2006, 07:25 PM

Yep ... I can relate to watching the guage drop while you watch it ... at best, about 11-13 MPG? ... one other story about that truck ... first week ... new car smell was pretty much like strong glue ... well ... I redecorated the passenger side of the interior on that one ... cloudy day ... something just got to me that afternoon. Good thing it was vinyl seats and rubber flooring in there ... good pass with the water hose and all was ok ... couldn't dream of cleaning the S that way today.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 PM

In 1980 my dad bought a brand new honda civic cvcc hatchback. (I would later learn to drive in that car.) But one day when I was 7 I was sitting in the passenger seat waitng for my mom to get in the car. I decided to help mom out and crank the car for her. It was in 1st gear, and when I turned the switch it jumped forward about 3 feet into the steps in our carport. the folks weren't real happy about the nice dent I put in the new car.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:40 PM

I bet ... we'd all cringe about seeing tha happen now to our S's ... have a '92 Saturn (auto FWD) to clean up for my 15yr old between now and the first week of April ... her first time to drive that car was when she was 10 ... let the next youngest drive her for the first time this summer at 13 ... much less level headed but not too bad for a first time in an abandoned p-lot.

We'll see, when they're up for Christmas if I'm game to try to teach the oldest a little about a stick ... will for certain be in an empty lot though till we see just how fast whe learns.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM

It looks so much worse in person if they dont pay it will take all that time in court and all that time the dent will still be there David you better make sure they are prepared to pay

Quick Reply: GOT ANOTHER ONE!