Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

GOT ANOTHER ONE!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOT ANOTHER ONE!

im very very angered so please note im venting.

i was at our local hang out tonight here in town and several people are there. im sitting in my car enjoying BK chicken fries (one of the rare occasions i have ate in my car, i usually dont) when these guys start fighting (play fighting of all things!) next thing i know ones being pushed and ends up on my hood! he braced himself with his elbow and left an awesomely horrible dent in the quarter pannel! its right where the crease is. him and the other kid agreed to slip the cost of dent removal however which eased me a little because these are wealthy kids who have done this. later on my friend who ive known for years and is older (27) takes a look and says theres a chance it will need bondo and repainting, and i should also get a police report for insurance reasons. so i go to the police station (exactly midnight as i recall on my cell phone) and the cop takes a look and says he really cant write a report. he ends up writing it as an accident for insurance but its not really because their car didnt hit mine. its also not criminal because it was an accident. so it they deside not to pay for what they have done ill be stuck with the bill, and a bad attitude.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 PM

dude that sucks
Old 08-07-2006, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by importkid,Aug 7 2006, 12:51 AM
it will need bondo

Say no to Bondo!!!! Just buy a new hood!!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:37 AM

It's amazing how often carelessness can cost the innocent. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will be true to their word.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 AM

That's really a bummer Dave ... hate that happened to the car. So many people do not understand "responsibility" ... it's one thing to have something happen that is actually accidental, but screwing around like that and causing the damage demonstrates that they don't consider other people's property when they're in public.

John Madden made a comment in an interview this weekend (following his Hall of Fame induction) about a former player he coached that thought it was so cool that he could shatter a glass window (next door to a place the team hung out) with his fist without cutting himself at all. He would regularly leave the bar, give the bartender $50 to replace the next door window the next day, and go punch it out again. Madden had to sit him down and explain that this was not appropriate behavior.

Apparently this guy, like the two you encountered over the weekend, didn't get that understanding beaten into them like I did growing up.

Hope all goes well with the repairs ... push those two to cover it for you.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:35 AM

wow... see, you showed great restraint... i have a baseball bat in the trunk. and a 9 iron...
Old 08-07-2006, 09:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Post some pictures.

I will relay them to a painless dent repair person at JD Honda I know.

He might be able to knock it back out (will require the removal of the panel most likely.)
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM

got estimates from the local 3 places around here (ace, colors, and max) all ranging over 600 and one over 700 dollars. im meeting a paintless guy tomorrow for his estimate.

Chuck, i was waiting for you to say the guy punched the door and cut his wrist and almost died or something. ha. im glad i respect peoples property and dont do to much foolish stuff.

Mark, i just got a new phone and am still trying to figure it out, but pics will be up within the next hour.

Honda, the guy told me later that night he was really sorry and that he was acually scared i was going to get my tire iron out of the trunk and beat him. had they not been cool about it i would probably be in jail right now. i dont know how that will take to the 700 dollar price tag for their mistake though.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 PM

lol, i'd be in jail...

but as long as he's sorry... and he's gonig to fix it...

but like you said... they could decide not to fix it... out comes the 9 iron...
Old 08-07-2006, 02:53 PM

i dont think he is prepared to pay 350 dollars and possibly more. an estimate doenst mean it will be that much and could be alot more. sorry about the picture, i got called into work and like i said, new phone which hasnt been charged and its dead. very soon though.

Quick Reply: GOT ANOTHER ONE!