Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

crow mountain Hill climb

Old 08-30-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering if kev was talking about the hillclimb or my place.?!?!?!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-31-2006, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by ROLLINS,Aug 30 2006, 08:14 PM
I was wondering if kev was talking about the hillclimb or my place.?!?!?!
Your house for

promise I won't on your carpet

because then you would be

and you wouldn't take me anymore.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by kev88,Aug 31 2006, 08:06 AM
Your house for

promise I won't on your carpet

because then you would be

and you wouldn't take me anymore.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:47 AM

Andy ... if you still want to make an offer to work a corner, I could most likely be available on Sat (Sep 30) to help out ... but as it's a quarter-end close for work, I'll need to stick close to home on Sun to knock out a few things once some reports are out there to use.

Don't know if one day out of the weekend would do any good, but you're right, we should do what we can to help support events like this that are in the local area.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 AM

I am reviving this thread, to see if there are any out there who want to work, even though we can not man an entire corner. The current worker list is in a thread on the TAC forum:
Crow Mountain workers

I am the Safety Steward and one of the Spectator Marshals for Area C. There are still Spectator Marshal positions open in my area, as well as others, if that helps. The thing they are most desperate for, is Paddock workers, since you don't get to see the cars race. If you want to see the cars up close and don't want to be near the "line of fire", this is a good place to work.

If you want to work, chime in on the TAC forum, so they can get you on the list.

BTW: Worker perks are things like t-shirts, lunch each day, free parking and a dinner Saturday night with door prizes for the workers.

For those that just want to come out and watch, it is $5 a person or $10 a carload. There will be a few food vendors in the Paddock area, if you want to make a day of it.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should be able to help some. I am driving to the Auburn at South Caralina game on Thursday and will be back Friday afternoon/night. My family is going to be out of town, but I will be around. Let me double check all the travel arrangements but it should be a for me.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:20 AM

Countnkick and Kermdaddy,

I have a committment from the Studebaker club, for two on Sunday. If you two can confirm covering those two positions on Saturday, it would balance things out, nicely.

I am figuring we can lock up two of the Spectator Marshall positions on my corner. It's an easy duty, mostly keeping people from getting too close to the edge and falling onto the road. And you get front row seats for the action.

John

Edit:
There is a little info for workers on the CMHC website, here.
There is also a thread on the TAC forum for worker questions. here.

BTW: I believe the temporary SCCA membership for Course Workers is free now, instead of the $10 from last year. The membership requirement does not apply to Spectator Marshalls, only workers who are in dangerous areas, so that they are covered by SCCA's insurance.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by jaclarke,Sep 24 2006, 08:20 AM
Countnkick and Kermdaddy,

I have a committment from the Studebaker club, for two on Sunday. If you two can confirm covering those two positions on Saturday, it would balance things out, nicely.

I am figuring we can lock up two of the Spectator Marshall positions on my corner. It's an easy duty, mostly keeping people from getting too close to the edge and falling onto the road. And you get front row seats for the action.

John

Edit:
There is a little info for workers on the CMHC website, here.
There is also a thread on the TAC forum for worker questions. here.

BTW: I believe the temporary SCCA membership for Course Workers is free now, instead of the $10 from last year. The membership requirement does not apply to Spectator Marshalls, only workers who are in dangerous areas, so that they are covered by SCCA's insurance.
Hey John ... just confirmed with the boss that she won't be pissed if I'm gone most of the day on Sat ... so I'll be glad to assist wherever you can use me for the day. Would love to be in a spot where I can see some of the action, but at this late date, will fill in wherever.

Sun will still be a prob for me due to some work crap that I'll have to cover that afternoon.

I'll check out the links you posted, but if there is specific where/when/etc info I'll need, you can e-mail that to me ... I'll send a PM with that addy.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

checking in

checking my schedule I would like to come see this event.

Quick Reply: crow mountain Hill climb