Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Barber Track Day June 15th - 16th

Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barber Track Day June 15th - 16th

Several folks have indicated they were interested in participating in a track day, now is your chance!

Porsche Club of Alabama is having another event at Barber Motorsports Park.

Fantastic track with challenging turns and relativity slow top speeds compared to other tracks.

The S2000 is a fantastic car for this track for many reasons, but the gearing and high revving motor do exceptionally well!

Great group of instructors, with good driver training skills to guide and help the noob and seasoned drivers if needed.

If you want additional details that the links below cannot answer or you just want specific questions about the daily itinerary, PM me!

The event fills up quickly once registration opens, so if you are interested start preparing now!

Hope to see some fellow S2000 drivers there!

Garry

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
15th and 16th @ Barber Motorsport Park. Everyone knows just how fast this event fills up. So, don't be late. Be at your computer, boot up early, log in to ClubRegistration.net and register.
We'll see you at Barber for Fathers Day.

June 15th and 16th... registration opens May 9th @ 12:00 noon central

December 14th and 15th... registration opens November 8th @ 12:00 noon central.

We hope you'll make them all.

Thank You
Tom Fleming
Alabama Region PCA
Driver's Education Chairman
205-616-1465 cell
205-985-2942 Home
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM

This sounds awesome! Are there any particular costs associated with this event?
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 AM

Yes, 1/2 day of prep and inspection.

2 days of yeeehawwwww!

Contribution required is $390.00 IIRC. The info at the bottom of the first post should have everything.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a hell of a deal if its 2 1/2 days. I need to learn me some actual driving skills. Its next week, So soon!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 AM

Just two days of track time, I was mentioning the car preregistration prep time.

Worth every dime of money and time!

Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 AM

Today at noon, registration opens!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 PM

Great weekend for a track event! Misty rain Saturday morning making the first session slick as owl ?(;!'!
Temps were good with overcast all day making for a progressive learning day with plenty of challenges. If you have never tried auto cross or a trackday in the rain, do it, great training for the real world without DA's to worry about!

We had one Ap2 S2000 out of 140 cars that did very well and learned a lot.

I decided to drive the Infiniti G35S auto for its first performance event and leave the S at home. When we instruct, time is very limited and jumping from group to group and then driving all the sessions makes for a hectic and tiresome weekend. So I chose the easy car to do a session the first day in the rain and one partial sesion later in the day, plenty for Saturday! The track was so slick first session the traction control and abs worked overtime and as designed. The Bridgestone 760 Sports are fair in the rain but would have much preferred the RE11's, Conti DWS or Michelin PSS! Even with very smooth light throttle it was flashing the VDS light halfway down the straights! The afternoon sessions where dry and fun, the Infiniti did very well. I carried a student for a ride, his comment was that it "swayed a lot" ; )

Sunday started with overcast skies but dry and pleasant, by afternoon it was an incredible sunny December day! Perfect track day weather!

The surprise of the weekend was the Porsche Spyder 918 delivery! Very cool hybrid for a very un cool price! The car was debut in Vegas and Dallas, but Barber is the first location for test drive by approved dealers and deep pocketed buyers! Starts at $845,00.00 add an option or three and 1.2 mil is easy! No they would not let me drive it
Google it for more info.
If you can make a Barber PDE, do it! You never know what will show up!

Garry
Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Garry,

Sounds like it was a great weekend! I've never been on Barber but I'm itching to get the Dallara on that track. I don't know when but ill get there. A weekend in a streetcar with you guys might not be a bad idea first so I can learn the track at a somewhat lower speed.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 AM

CG
Good either way, the track has several blind crest and can be challenging. You would do fine with a few laps to learn the line either in a street car or in the passenger seat. YouTube has some very good in car to reference, but even better is the 2012 Contenential Tire event, the Miata showed me a line through turn 12 that has been a BLAST!

Garry
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM

Scott Siegel is hosting Trackday at lil tally feb 10th Sunday. $200 per person

Ill be there. There are spots open. If you need more info pm me or email me
Ill post up his info here in a few

Bomjoonk@gmail Is my email

Quick Reply: Barber Track Day June 15th - 16th