Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Bad news for Kerm

Old 06-04-2008, 06:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well some better news.

The officer used to be a Bridgeport city cop before he was a state trooper. He made the mistake of putting down that I denied racing, and he also made the mistake of putting the wrong hiwaay down on the ticket causing the ticket to say Bridgeport instead of Scottsboro. +1 in my favor.

Talked to Judge Grider yesterday and he told me to come to court and plead not guilty. Then the DA should (and I mean should, doesn't mean he will) ask me for a deal such as a speeding ticket or probation or something like that. I am not going to take probation. If he gives me a speeding ticket and lets me go to driving school so it won't be on my record, I will probably take it since it will be a lot cheaper than getting a lawyer anyway. Judge Grider says that they really don't want me to come back to court since it costs them money also, but if I wanted to shell out the big bucks and fight it, that it was totally up to me.

I just have to go have my day in court and see what happens. I got the feeling that the officer had tried some crap like this before.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Wrong city..

the ticket should be completely thrown out.

Got a ticket by a local sheriff dep it showed that I was tagged by Radar gun Model....

When I went down to the local office to talk to the main man he let it slip that they only have two radar guns that rotate cars (Small town) and that the ticketing officer did not have the radar in his car that week.

Ticket was withdrawn on the spot.

I was going to fight it and if it would have made it to court the dep would most likely lost his job since he has tried to get away with the same thing before.

Not all cops are bad but the 95% that are give the 5% that are decent people a bad rap.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the guy was just trying to do his job. I realize that some officers in major cities have it rough with all todays violence. But just throw me a little common sense, if you are just trying to get your quota, he could have written me the ticket for speeding (which I admitted to) he got his ticket in and it would have been the end of it. Now I have to take a day off work, go fight the thing, not to mention the constant worrying I have done about it. I just don't get it.

I will let you guys know how everything turns out. Thanks for the support. I've been very worried about it. Innocent people go to jail everyday.