Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Audio/Video/Security for your S

Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio/Video/Security for your S

Hey guys, most of you probably don't know me. I am a periodic forum phantom and meeting attendee. Anyhoo, I just wanted to extend an invitation to everyone who is wanting to upgrade any line of audio/video/security components of their car to stop by and check out Dr. Eddies in Hampton cove where I am currently working as an installer. I know most of you are looking for good professional work done to your vehicles and I just wanted to let you guys know where you could get that. I'm not trying to bash other installation places, I'm sure they all have some people that know what they are doing. But I've seen alot of work that has been done by other places (don't want to mention specific places, many very well known businesses) and I find alot of their work to be quite disturbing and I wouldn't want any of you to subject yourself to that unknowingly.

So if any of you guys are interested, I will list a few of the brands we carry if you are loyal to a specific brand. Eclipse, Pioneer, Jensen, Clarion, Diamond, JL, Directed, Kove, and a few others.

Also as many of you well know, remote starts are almost never installed on 5spds(or 6spds for that matter if you want to get technical) for liability issues, however I am currently working on something for the S2k which will hopefully solve that problem. So if any of you guys are interested in that let me know. If any of you guys in the Huntsville/Hampton cove and surrounding areas or anyone who wants to stop in just ask for the Eric with the hondas. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Are you at that place with the annoying (no offense ) flashing blue lights out front?
Old 12-31-2005, 04:15 PM

there arent any lights on the building, but one of the guys that works there owns a ford f-250 truck that is full of police light equipment, lots of the strobes and the blue LED lights, I guess thats probably what you saw?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 AM

Yeah, I know where that's at. I pass it every evening on my way home. I'll try to stop in sometime and check the place out.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Are you setting up a magnetic switch array disabling device in the gear box of the remote start if the the car was to in a gear and one was to try to activate the remote start.

Former install for about 2 years here.

This is my set up
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=S...=0#entry6653563

Is you or your shop up to this level of work.

Yes i am a picture and proud of it. You got to show it off if you got it.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,292 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Oh wait, that was YOU with that crazy set up?!
I gotta see that!!
(and more importantly, hear it)

....all that AND bass shakers too!?
something else I want to inspect, got any pix on that install? I have a pair i've yet to put in.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:51 AM

I thought that was cool to not bash others in the area. Yes there are some putting out some nasty work. Beware Best Buy installs you will have to fix!
(I will add one)
Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 AM

I was not intending to bash anyone.

Was just asking if they were able to something like this so if anyone asks where to get stuff done like this I was going to recommend that person to there shop.

I do not have access to my tools I left them at the house in FL until I can find a more permanent place to live instead of an apartment.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by deppenma,Jan 9 2006, 03:08 PM
I was not intending to bash anyone.
I meant Speedra500. Some people get caught up in the lights and sale signs. I want good prices but I don't mind paying for good work either. It is nice to hear things from people on the "inside". I also thought it was good of him to not say anything bad about others. I know some of them (others) and they have had the same type statement. Beware but not mentioning specifics.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:30 PM

We don't really take on very many jobs like your setup for a few different reasons. We dont really have the workforce to do that type of a job along with all the other installs at the same time or the space. I also highly doubt my superiors would want to take on such a job either. I personally dont feel confident enough to cut apart the dash on a new s2k either, nor do I feel I have enough experience laying glass/carbon fiber to lay that large of carbon fiber molds, nor do I have the right tools such as a large enough vacuum bagger or oven. I actually don't know how much longer I will be working there, but I will still extend my services to all of you if you would like for minimal labor costs. If you guys want to check out the alarm/remote start install on the s2k I have done I can show you guys or take pictures or something.

now to answer your questions

deppenma: I am not talking about any type magnetic switching devices and definitely not in the gear box. A simple photo sensor and infared LED can get the job just fine when placed in the correct spot.

Nosman: I know many other claim high quality work, and also put down other stores, but let the work speak for itself.

I just wanted to give you guys some options because I know many of you are afraid of taking your babies to the wrong place, and you should be. So if you really want to get something done and you don't want to do it yourself you can come talk to me personally and instead of you standing in a waiting room I can work with you do to whatever it is you want to as long as it is within my capabilities, and ill let you know if its not

Quick Reply: Audio/Video/Security for your S