Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Another Harley Incident

Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Harley Incident

I'm really starting to dislike Harley riders. I shouldn't make such broad statements, but after the Dragon incident & now this past weekend I've had enough of them.

Anyway, it's Saturday afternoon in Destin & I'm returning to the hotel from lunch at Fud Puckers. The top was up because of a rain shower, but the sun has just come out & I haven't had a chance to stop & put the top down. I'm in the left lane behind three bikes (one is a chick) that aren't going very fast, so I get into the right lane & just about the time I'm ready to pass the lead bike he swerves over & almost hits me. I hit the brakes hard & then I got back into the left lane where the other bikes were now speeding up. The chick was getting something out of her left pocket, so I also sped up & got into the middle lane (there are three lanes now). I'm going 50-60? when the guy that almost ran into me comes up on my right & starts giving me the finger & cussing at me, I think. I could read his lips, but not hear him over having the top up, the Invidia & his piece of crap.

I had no idea what he thinks I did, but I was not happy with him & since I had that Harley incident at the Dragon I took it out on him by giving him the same treatment he gave me. We were pointing at each other & I think he wanted to pull over & have me beat the crap out of him, but I decided that my wife would not appreciate me going to jail while she was putting on a professional conference. I ended up vtecing away from his slow pile of dung & then turning into the Sand Destin Hilton where he couldn't follow.

Anyone have a pistol I can borrow?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

As a motorcyclists myself (sportbike rider), I am amazed at the "cruiser mentality" that is, "I'll go as slow as I want" sometimes doing UNDER the speed limit.

That said, it can be rather incomfortable riding WITHOUT a helmet therefore traveling at slower speeds.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freq, I was with Tom when he had the incident on the cherahola skyway. Actually I was part of it. Tom knows it's only the idiots that paid way too much for their harley garbage! Sometimes I wonder if they are going that slow by choice, or if that's as fast those heavy underpowered hogs will go!

Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 PM

Well said Andy. You seem to have lost your filters & become Unfiltered Andy. My other name is No Filters Tom.

I always get in trouble with my wife for telling it how it is. I don't see why anyone would pay what they do for a Harley, but hey, it's their money. When I met people who ride them I usually consider them not to be real bright just like people who voted for Clinton.

No Filters Tom
Old 09-27-2005, 05:40 PM

Maybe it has something to do with the "Harley's Suck" bumper sticker

Or maybe they are jealous that you own a car that accelerates faster, brakes shorter and saved you enough money to get a haircut
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,292 Likes on 1,044 Posts

As a forrmer rice rocket jockey myself, I'm not a fan of many hogs and their mentality. The pipes, the brain buckets, the matching corporate logo "outlaw" gear, the insane amount of cash for the least possible performance, I dunno, I just don't get it.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Skip Ferrari,Sep 27 2005, 12:23 PM

Anyone have a pistol I can borrow?
I'll make you a deal on a Glock 17
Old 09-29-2005, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a pistol? Screw that, I've got what you need to take care of business. AK-47 and a hundred round drum clip!

Unfiltered Andy
Old 09-30-2005, 08:57 AM

I think I'll sell the S, get a Hummer & just run them over.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by CDjunkie,Sep 28 2005, 07:57 AM
As a forrmer rice rocket jockey myself, I'm not a fan of many hogs and their mentality. The pipes, the brain buckets, the matching corporate logo "outlaw" gear, the insane amount of cash for the least possible performance, I dunno, I just don't get it.
The Harley people have the feel of a religious cult...Jim Jones kool-aid types...

Quick Reply: Another Harley Incident