S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

OEM front lip spoiler and rear spoiler installed. Looks great! Pictures

Old 08-08-2002, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must say once I saw the pictures on these on this board, I wanted them. The front spoiler really makes a huge difference. It really catches your eye and really adds a lot to the front of the vehicle.

At first I wasn't sure about the rear spoiler. I've never seen one in person, and I must now say it's a must. When test fitting, after I pulled it off - - the car just didn't look the same without it. That rear spoiler is really meant for the car, and it looks like it belongs there. I'm really not one for wings, but this one goes great and almost looks like it's molded to the car. I still think you must see both of these in person to appreciate them.

INSTALL: The front spoiler took no time at all. Maybe about 30 minutes and it was on. The rear spoiler took a little longer. I didn't have the rear spring tool to replace the springs. But, I used some rubber tipped plyers, and got the old ones out no problem. The new springs really make the trunk pop up. It pops up much higher than it did with no wing and the stock springs which I like. If you add the wing and don't put the new springs in, the trunk won't be able to hold itself up after you open it. It would be a good idea to add the new springs.

Some pics:

Old 08-08-2002, 12:13 PM

haha im jealous.. ur car is always cleannnn..
Old 08-08-2002, 12:14 PM

IMHO, the one thing that really puts it all together are the side strakes. My Spa yellow looks awesome with the trio of OEM ground effects.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car came from the dealer with the spoilers, but the trunk does not pop up nor does it want to close.

It simply forms a gap when opened, and closes fairly easily.

Should I take it to the dealer?
Old 08-08-2002, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by Incubus
My car came from the dealer with the spoilers, but the trunk does not pop up nor does it want to close.

It simply forms a gap when opened, and closes fairly easily.

Should I take it to the dealer?
I would. It sounds like they left the stock spring rods in place. There really isn't a way to tell by looking. Both sets of springs looked identical to me, so it must be the strength of the steel used to make them.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:38 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SWEET!!!

Old 08-08-2002, 03:49 PM

nice~

i did the same thing, installed spoiler by myself. took maybe half a day.

but i have question about the "stock trunk spring vs the rear spoiler trunk spring"

i haven't install the "rear spoiler trunk spring", but my trunk won't "fall back down" when it's fully opened? it seems i can live without the "rear spoiler trunk spring".

since the trunk spring seems to be a major pain in the a$$ to remove and install. and the dealer wants $37.5 to have it install. i may as well keep it this way for now.

so what do you mean by ...

If you add the wing and don't put the new springs in, the trunk won't be able to hold itself up after you open it.
??
Old 08-08-2002, 03:54 PM

If you open it up halfway with the wing on and the old springs, it will fall back down. It will only stay up if you bring the trunk lid all the way up. I like it to stay in the spot where I let go of it at, and since I usually don't put it up all the way (usually in a hurry) I like the idea of the new springs. They also pop the trunk up about 5 inches when you hit the trunk release button.

They aren't hard at all to get out. You just need to get some plyers and grab at the ends to twist them out. It took about 5 min per side to do it. Your dealer seems to be taking advantage. From what I hear, the official tool to get them out only costs $4.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:19 PM

oh

i see what you mean now

i am usually the other way. i usually just fully open the trunk slowly, seldom make it stay half way and let go. but i do wish the trunk would pop up a little higher with i hit the trunk release.

dealers service is always a rip off. maybe i will just go ahead and buy the tool from them, and replace the trunk spring myself, since i don't have a plastic coated plyers anyway.

oh, you know what, you think you can snap a shot on the plyer that you used ... and approx. how you removed the trunk spring ...

thanks a lot.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:30 PM

I actually borrowed that tool from my neighbor, and I know it wasn't as cheap as the Honda spring tool.

Here is what the Honda spring tool looks like:

Thanks to Airgate for the pic:

That runs $4 for you dealer. Part # 08M10-SM4-100

Let us know how you make out.

Quick Reply: OEM front lip spoiler and rear spoiler installed. Looks great! Pictures