Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

You guys are being smacked talked by some clueless 350Z owners!

Old 10-28-2002, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys are being smacked talked by some clueless 350Z owners!

99.5% of the owners in that thread says they all beat S2000's.

Some Clueless 350Z owners
Old 10-28-2002, 05:45 PM

i tried to check it out, but then i would have to sign up, but then i realized how much their forum sucks compared to this one, seriosuly thats hard to even read.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:47 PM

Dude, stop trying to make trouble, I notice that for the most part you are a fair and intellgent poster with good comments/race stories but dude this is rude. Besides her are some excerpts so you all don't have to waste your time:

"You really have to abuse the S2ks to get them to perform from a stop. Of course, once you get them going, the scream." Most will admit that the s2k is not an easy car to launch, and it takes a good High RPM drop to get best times.

"S2000 is an equal driver's race."

"call me on this if you want, Im still in break in period, so I might be wrong. but it would be my guess that the Z is an easier car to drive than an stookay. they require high RPM launches, with super high shifts at the right time. the Z is more forgiving since its not gonna fall out of its powerband if you miss by a little.

a very good driver in a S2000 could probably beat a Z regaurdless, but I donno if that good of a driver exists. you probably wont meet him. and in the end, race him enough times and his clutch will be smoking before yours. even if you lose the race, you still come out ahead since you didnt just punish your car."

"too close to call....highly driver dependent"

" beat a s2000 by 2 cars SEVERAL TIMES." this was posted by internetabyss already, this is only with one car though.

"For any of those cars, it would be a driver's race"

Anyway that is the majority of the posters, with a couple Legends In their Own Minds dropping a line or two. Bottom line, the S2K vs. 350Z is really lame, but understandable (best Japanese Sports cars in the last 6 years under $50K), but the two cars are VERY different in style, driving and uses.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:53 PM

My question is:

So what if some 350Z owners are talking smack?

I don't go to the playground anymore, so it doesn't really bug me if Johnny says his car's faster than mine. Why should any S2000 owner care what a Z owner says? Just for argument, let's say that any stock Z can beat any stock S.

So?

Now, let's say the stock S beats the stock Z.

So?

Tim
Old 10-28-2002, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have already been involved in that thread as you can see. I think they are understanding a bit more now.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:04 PM

LayZ,

Im not trying to stir things up or start trouble. Im just informing the S2000 folks that some folks in the 350Z forum is getting out of hand and needs some education.

Just trying to start up a politically correct debate.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S4_dukar
[B]99.5% of the owners in that thread says they all beat S2000's.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:22 PM

UFeniZe...I dont inderstand your comments on why the forum at my350z.com sucks...I bought the same software that you guys use here....Well when me and my partner Jmanz sold the my350z website, the new guy made changes. Sorry if you dont dig my forum design skills. Yes by the way we got over 6k members at my350z and people are people some are jerks and some aren't. You guys cant see the hidden Charter Members Forum...All the really great posters are in that forum and thats where most the old school guys are...Alot of the flaming comes from newbies in the general forum.

As for racing...."jk" 's is a cool guy and I only raced his S2000...I am gonna race the s2000 again but someone else's i'll bring my camera too.

This is just for fun...I dont really care if I win or lose. I plan on going to that meeting with the S2000 guys next weekend. Maybe if its nice out they will drop the top and take me out pimping in the convert. I like both cars..and a close race is a fun race....just do it in a safe place.

Old 10-28-2002, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense but your former site sucks the big one. Those pansies get their panties in a bunch when anyone one of us goes on there to defend the S and then shut the thread down and started to curb any S2000 vs 350Z thread. WTF?

Now, they run rampant saying crap, what a bunch of bull. Good thing you sold your site and took the money and ran.

As you can see our site welcomes all challengers, from WRXs, Corvetts, LS1s, Mustangs, 1.8Ts and yes even the 350Z. I hope those clowns over there shut the F$%$ up and put their fat ass where the mouth is and just run cars and then see whos got more skills.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:23 PM

haha, I don't want no troubow.......

Quick Reply: You guys are being smacked talked by some clueless 350Z owners!