S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xerd..the..end..............

Old 03-12-2003, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not posted because I was in the process of getting my car back. I borrowed a trailer from SIDEWAYS( thank you) and drove up to Ventura to pick it up. I did not see Eyal at the "shop" and his mechanic said it was fine if I took it. Eyal called me later to ask why I took it and I explained that he was taking too long and requested a refund on my car because it was not done in the agreed amount of time. He had the car from November 7th till the first week of December, then gave it back to me for three weeks to break in the motor I returned the car the first week of January, he has had it until today 3-12-03.

The original agreement was to have the car running and tuned buy the end of January and here we are today with a half done prototype manifold that would take more time to test and finalize. Then they have to send it out to be made into stainless steel. (3-4 weeks) then put together and then tuned. IMO this would be another two months before it was ready to actually run. I let him slide for a month and never bugged him, my bad, and I was out of a car for 3 months. Lesson learned.

He agreed to a full refund by Wednesday 3-19-03, and my Credit Card company has been notified to resolve the refund or take action. This was only to protect me, Eyal was understanding and agreed that it had taken longer than agreed and maintained his professionalism throughout our transaction. Again I will post when he refunds my money.

MAtt
Old 03-12-2003, 01:59 PM

Should make him pay the interest as well...
bryan
Old 03-12-2003, 02:08 PM

I know, but I'll be glad just to see him stand by his word and refund the original amount.
MAtt
Old 03-12-2003, 02:41 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Matt-

Glad to hear that you got your car back! I'm relieved too, after reading all of that disheartening stuff in the other thread.

What are you planning to do now, with the car? Back to NA for a while, or directly into another FI project?

I haven't really seen what a good turbo setup can do on the S, but I've seen the Vortech, and it seriously kicks ass! It also had the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard- like half car and half jet!

I feel for you. I've really been missing my car for the past (almost) 3 months, while it's been in the shop.

You've got to get that S up and running ASAP!

-Pete
Old 03-12-2003, 03:12 PM

I have the guys putting it back together tonight, it has a scratch in the rear bumper that needs to be fixed (small) and needs a detail bad. It was outside the whole time from what it looks like, covered in dirt/rain. Oh well, I have not decided if I'm going to sell the parts and car or just keep it and continue with the FI in a few months, I will stay NA for now.
Matt
Should I keep it for a while and put the new wheels on or sell it all???????
Old 03-12-2003, 03:41 PM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Keep it. Drop in the UR kit.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:10 PM

Yeh that kit looks great, but I have to first wait for the refund, then decide if I want to go into debt for a turbo. I have my first kid due in Sept, so the decision is harder now than before.
Matt
Old 03-12-2003, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good for you Matt, I am happy for you. Let's just hope that he will refund the money as he states and not make promises like he did the IS300 guys and not refund the money for 3 months. All in all, keep the car, don't sell it are you crazy?

Duc
Old 03-12-2003, 04:41 PM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

D'oh! you could wait and see how the spugen turbo goes too.... At least that one won't be on your dime.....
Old 03-12-2003, 04:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either way, it may be advantageous (not only for others but you as well) to file a report with the Better Business Bureau, even IF he gives you a full refund. He has cost you the use of your car for several more months than originally stated, and as of yet still have nothing to show for it except charges on the credit card. It is obviously well documented he has pulled this kind of stunt before. So, with enough complaints, he will fail to receive a valid business license in the future, which I believe is one of the best ways to get these crooks off of the streets.

Eyal, you had an opportunity to redeem yourself on this one, but it seems you have failed miserably. As of this moment, I think you can officially consider yourself banned as a sponsor or group buy contact on s2ki. In my eyes, I think you should just plain be banned completely.

Matt, Please keep us posted...

Quick Reply: Xerd..the..end..............