S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Carbotech enduro compound?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carbotech enduro compound?

did anyone try the carbotech enduro pads on an NA s2000?
I read on the TT board the pads are good but don't heat up fast enough for time attack
Old 04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I ran them for the first time (in the front) today. I was running XP10s in the front. I didn't notice a difference except the new pads seem to have a bit better initial bite. I'm interested in seeing how much more wear I'll get with the enduro compound. I've been getting about 6 hours of track time with the XP10s.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having a couple guys try them out right now (Bunta_Garage and Edwin), only have 1 trackday on them so far (XP12 RP2 under Alan). I'll have them post up here what they've found out from their trial runs.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in for more info
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM

I actually spoke with Emilio regarding this pad. The operating temp range is similar to the XP12, but it has no cold bite, and is less rotor friendly. Additionally, it shouldn't be mixed with the rest of the carbotech line.

It's primarily targeted at drivers who are running sprint/euduros and finish off a XP12/XP16 before the race ends, rather than someone looking for more bite and higher MOT.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
I actually spoke with Emilio regarding this pad. The operating temp range is similar to the XP12, but it has no cold bite, and is less rotor friendly. Additionally, it shouldn't be mixed with the rest of the carbotech line.

It's primarily targeted at drivers who are running sprint/euduros and finish off a XP12/XP16 before the race ends, rather than someone looking for more bite and higher MOT.
im just looking for a pad that will overall last longer. i usually get 2-3 trackdays out of my front pads depending where and what season it is. i just want teh pads to last longer. im doing ducting as well and im going to try the rp2 compound on xp12 but i hope they do heat up in time for the time attack run...
Old 04-16-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1302934089' post='20472518

im just looking for a pad that will overall last longer. i usually get 2-3 trackdays out of my front pads depending where and what season it is. i just want teh pads to last longer. im doing ducting as well and im going to try the rp2 compound on xp12 but i hope they do heat up in time for the time attack run...
Emilio recommended ducting first, and then RP2 as a "last resort".
Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Our light weight S2000 brake calipers have a hard time handling the heat generated on the track--assuming you're running at a good clip. Your pads will definitely last longer with good ducting. The same can't be said about the brake disks. Ducting doesn't seem to help with the cracking.

Here's my S2000 brake duct how-to: http://robrobinette.com/S2000BrakeDucts.htm
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker' timestamp='1302942137' post='20472685
[quote name='psychoazn' timestamp='1302934089' post='20472518']

Emilio recommended ducting first, and then RP2 as a "last resort".
[/quote]

hmm ok, well i guess ill be the guinea pig on this one. with summer coming around and the ambient temp reaching at least 90 degrees, it will have a huge effect on things. ill see how it goes but the usual will keep happening i think, cracking rotors lol
Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too was looking to get another track day from my XP12/10s (I have front ducts...great DIY from Robrob!) and R-comps. After 2 days the tapered leading edge was too thin for me to trust getting another day out of them, though the trailing edge was a lot thicker. As a test, I tried flipping the inner and outer pads so that the thicker tapered edge was at the leading edge. I was expecting less bite and more pedal travel, but was happy at getting very useable and consistent braking feel over 5 25m sessions at Thunderhill. No problems at all getting the third day out of them, though they wouldn't last a fourth.

I like Carbotech, but am going to trial the Cobalt XR2/4s for longevity at Infineon (which is not tough on brakes) this May and then Miller Motorsports Park this July. If the goddess of friction smiles on my, there'll be 1-2 days more left in them afterwards. Otherwise I'm going to try CT's Enduro pads.

Consumables are a lot more expensive then track time!

Quick Reply: Carbotech enduro compound?