S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

getting ASM front bumper. reviews?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vooper
Note, even the authentic ASM needs some significant body work to fit properly.
alright i usually dont get this pissed off, but you sir are a f@#ker. have you ever owned a REAL ASM bumper? yeah i doubt it....i hate people who talk out of their ass because someone on the internet said something.

heres some pics of my REAL ASM bumper test-fit. does it look like it needs "significant body work" for it to fit? yeah i didnt think so

this place is the next b20vtec with all these fags buying cheap ass parts. if you cant afford an S2000 then gtfo!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/usdmej6/6808721051/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/usdmej6/6808733323/
Old 02-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

^ lol, I feel where you're coming from but that was kinda harsh bro. Gotta be done:

Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM

cool story bro
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously though, who are you? There's absoloutly no need to come at me like that insulting me because I bought a replica bumper. I'm sorry I offended you but I just can't see my self paying 1600 for a piece of plastic. Sure its a nice piece, and fits grest. And nice car buy the way. But if your just going to sit there and be immature about it and try and pick on the guy then just stay out of my post please. Thanks bud.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 PM

its fiberglass, not plastic
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
OP youre an idiot, hope the bumper fits like shit
First off, I usually ignore posts like yours, but I feel like I gotta jump in this...

While I agree that the OP should have posted FIRST, and bought SECOND...it doesn't mean you should wish misfortune on him. He did nothing to you to deserve that. We've all made a few bad purchases in our lifetimes, no need to kick someone when they're down. You're a clown. Congratulations...you can afford a $1700 bumper! Of course the authentic piece is more appealing than a replica. Who wouldn't want the authentic part if given the choice? But realistically speaking, not everyone can afford those prices for modifications. Just because someone can't afford a $1700 bumper, doesn't mean he shouldn't buy an s2000 and love the car just like we ALL do. Have you never done a DIY mod? Have you never done any DIY maintenance? Using your train of thought, you should just take your car to the dealer every 3000 miles and pay $200 for an oil change and $300 for someone to change your brake pads...while you're at it, might as well have that washer fluid topped off for $50.

Give me a f*cking break...

People like you are the ones who need to GTFO. A public forum (especially one focused on the appreciation and admiration of a certain car), is there for people to discuss and contribute helpful information to those who have questions. It is NOT there for clowns like you to bash others just because they aren't making their car EXACTLY how you want them to. Yes, there are a lot of things that you can put on your car to cheapen it, but YOU AREN'T DRIVING THEIR CAR. If someone wants to throw on Altezza tail lights, underglow, and a wing big enough to impress the Wright brothers, then by all means...go for it. Just like the flip side of that...if you want to go and spend $20,000 on authentic Mugen, Spoon, ASM, etc. be my guest. If you really think that your bumper looks $1500 better than someone else's...wonderful, you get a pat on the head. It doesn't affect me or change my life in any way. If they think it looks good, so be it.

Sick bumper bro...now go f*cking paint it with your millions that you apparently have to throw around.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 PM

OP, you should have done your research on any parts you consider buying ahead of time...ESPECIALLY from ebay. There is a whole thread on ebay parts...what's good, what's shitty, what sellers make good fitment replicas, etc. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/769...-parts-thread/. You're not the only one who likes the idea of replica parts!

Hope this helps man. Good luck with the fitment of that bumper! With any luck it will be pretty close so whoever paints it won't have to do too much to it to get it to fit well.

Just remember that just because something isn't authentic, doesn't mean it's crap...and just because it's authentic, doesn't mean it's the best thing out there. There are plenty of good fitting, good quality replicas available...you just gotta find them.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 PM

I just gave my authentic asm bumper ( yes gave ) to a fellow s2ki member, and i can safely say it fit flawless on the owners car before me, fit flawless on my car, and fits flawless on the members car that i just gave it to. For someone to say it needs significant body work to fit is a boldfaced lie. For once i can say theres a reason why the asm parts carry the price tag,... BECAUSE THE SHIT FITS. They can afford to produce small quantities of panels then break the molds and make new ones. Which is why most companies parts are ill fitting. They continue to use the same molds long after they shouldnt, easy way to save a few bucks, but more headaches in the fitment dept for buyers. And by the way that duraflex stuff is garbage, its cheap frp with plastic or something mixed in. Its bad, wait till you see the way they pack the product hahaha, buyer beware. I wish you the best, but expect the the worse
Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 AM

ah, i bought the same one, from the same seller.
fit like sh1t, my bodyshop didnt even want to bother with it.
took it to vis, and swapped it twice, all 3 fit like sh1t, returned it all.
just went with oem bumper in the end
Old 02-25-2012, 04:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, I really appreciate someone backing me up and standing up for the new guy here. It's clowns like that guy that keeps good peop le away from this amazing forum. I thought about.the same thing, why wish a fellow s2k owner misfortune? It's not his car not his money soo just politly tell me I will most likely have a hard time fitting it. And yea now I realise I should start posting before buying, I guessed I just jumped on that bumper cause it looked nice, was cheap, and I just wanted to get back into the s2k and I thought it would fit well but I guess that was just thoughtful thinking but I guess the only way to find out is to wait for it to get here next week. Also do you guys think I can put it on my self? Of course I would get it painted at a shop but is putting it on hard?

And estooki I really hope they changed their mold from when you bought yours...

Quick Reply: getting ASM front bumper. reviews?