California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

PLEASE READ: If you ever move and use a moving co.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE READ: If you ever move and use a moving co.

I just needed to rant a little as well as let all of you know never to use a moving company called Prodigy Moving (www.4move.com) out of Canoga Park. I have NEVER, EVER in my life been treated so poorly by anyone in my life....

Cliff Notes version:

I called the company customer service to let them know not to use their own supplies and to see if they can get their guys to work a little quicker...

I get yelled at by the Manager, Benny, saying that I am a poor POS customer and if he would have known I would complain about anything, he would never have taken the job. He went as far as telling me it was a slap in his face for me to even say anything about his workers...Lastly, he threatened to sue me if I said anything to anyone or wrote anything negative about his company.

Unabridged version:

On this past Monday, I called a few companies and got quotes for moving. Every one of the companies came back with a very similar quote: 3 workers, truck, $99/hr, and free use of garment boxes and blankets. There is an extra charge per box they use and $6/per item they wrap in plastic.

Prodigy was the only company that said they would send 4 people instead of 3 and the sales person I spoke with gave me the highest level of comfort. So I decided to go with them to do my move. I told them that I would supply the wrap so they wouldn't charge me extra.

Jump forward to Thursday morning...Movers get to my house around 9am as scheduled. I was not home due to work but my brother-in-law Ron, my Mother-in-law, and my friends Ian and Danny were there to help out and supervise. One quick footnote, 2 years ago, I moved and used a different company they they were able to get me moved in about 6 hours using 3 people and with a lot more stuff...

So, two hours into the move, I make a call to Ron to see what the progress of the move was and he told me that things were moving pretty slow. They brought a 26' truck and they were maybe a quarter to a third of the truck full. About an hour and a half later, I called Ron to check on the progress and he said they were about 3/4 full but they still hadn't loaded some of the big items like my piano and fridge...(I'm not sure what they were doing all this time). Also, Ron tells me that they are starting to use their own supplies to wrap things. At this point, I was a little upset but more disappointed so I decided to make a call to the company to let them know my feelings...

I called my sales person and she was not in so they transferred me to their customer service person, some guy named Benny; who also said he was the manager (BS)!

Anyways, I tell him that I didn't want him using his supplies to wrap my stuff, that I supplied 2 1000ft rolls of wrap, and to stop cutting up boxes to wrap some of my furniture. I told him to just use the blankets he was supplying to wrap everything. I also asked him if it would be possible for hiim to tell his guys to work a little faster. This is where things take a turn for the worse...Benny starts going off on me saying that if he knew I was gonna be such a cheap bastard and such a POS of a person, he would nevre have taken the job. He's yelling at me and telling me that I am being disrespectful and that for me to even ask him to talk to his workers was a slap in his face and I didn't know what I was talking about and that i should just shut up and let his guy do their work. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from this guy. All he would have to say would haev been okay, sorry, I'll let my guys know. Instead, he calls his worker and puts him on the phone with me and has me tell his worker. what kind of BS is that?!?!?!

Anyways, I keep my cool, hang up the phone, and call Ron. I told Ron to just have them finish loading the large items and have them go to the new house and unload as quickly as possible and get them out of there...We just had them talk the large furniture to the rooms, the rest of the stuff, we had them leave in the garage and sent them on their way. Just so you know, there is still about 1.5 hours of stuff to move at the old house....I got charged for 7 hours of labor and about $140 in supplies when it was all said and done. Even after all this, I felt bad and gave $100 tip to the guys....So my total out of pocket was $940.00 for a half-ass job that's not even completed...

After the movers left, I called the company again and asked if I could speak to the owner. Once again, Benny gets on the phone. First thing out of his mouth is what do you want now?!?! I told him I wanted to speak to the owner and he tells me he is the everything there. I once again told him how unhappy with the work I was, how he needed and attitude adjustment, and that I was going to complain the the BBB and tell all my friends to never use them.

He threatens to sue me if I post anything negative about him or his company...WTF!?!?!?! LOL!!!

So here I am, letting all my friends know to NEVER use Prodigy Moving out of Canoga Park.

Thanks for the time...

Albert
Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 PM

And hopefully all of you will let your friends know to never use them too...
Old 06-05-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear, Albert. I say report to BBB.

I know a pretty good moving company. PM me next time.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM

I have already reported to BBB and posted on yelp.com...
Old 06-05-2009, 02:16 PM

Man Albert that sucks.. you should have rented a UHaul and a few Day Laborers (PC) at Home Depot... 10 bucks each an hour!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:31 PM

thats horrible...i will be sure to tell everybody i know lol
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM

I never trust other people with my stuff. Everytime I've moved or anyone else moves, we always rent a Uhaul and call like a bunch of people to help. All you do is pay for food =)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Damn that really blows goats sorry about your bad experience Albert I hope words get out soon about this company.

What I think that's more retarded is the fact the company is going to sue you for giving negative feedback on the company is a joke. Wouldn't it be more wise for a business to be concern and make sure they continue getting business then scaring away people?

When a service company threatens me like that this is all I hear cause they are just digging a hole for themselves.

Well thanks for the heads up I will keep these dumb F**ks in mind.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:50 PM

You shoulda had a bunch of friends and/or people from here do it, I woulda helped for as little as a 12 pack :-)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Italia,Jun 5 2009, 03:50 PM
You shoulda had a bunch of friends and/or people from here do it, I woulda helped for as little as a 12 pack :-)
Of course the 12 pack applies after the move

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: If you ever move and use a moving co.