Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Grand Prix of Houston Apr 20-22

Old 03-13-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Grand Prix of Houston Apr 20-22

Hi North Texas Group,

I am in the process of organizing some information for the Grand Prix of Houston (www.grandprixofhouston.com) trip April 20-22 (Fri-Sun). A bunch of us went last year and had a great time so I thought I would see what the concensus for turnout this year.

There will be 4-5 series running that weekend including Champ Car (lots of great action/crashes), American LeMans (Porsche RS spyder, AM DB9R, New Acura ALMS car), Champ Atlantic, Star Mazda (open wheel powered by RX8 Renesis) and also rumored to have the NC Spec Miata cup.

The track is a 1.7 mile street course around the Reliant complex (Reliant stadium/arena/dome etc). There is a chance to get paddock passes (to see where cars are parked and prepped) and pit passes to see car prep/setup directly before the race as well as great grandstand seating.

Tickets info is as follows:

3 day Super Ticket- Regular Price $129, Group Price for 25+ $105
(General Admission, reserved grandstand seating rows 1-13) and pit/paddock passes for all 3 days.

3 day Tickets- Regular Price- $90, Group Price for 25+ $72
(General Admission, reserved grandstand)

Parking is to be determined, they are putting together another Corral parking area so I will follow up as that comes together.

As far as the hotel, I believed we used 2 different hotels. We stayed at the Sheraton about 15 mins from the track and some others stayed near the Houston Galleria about 10 mins from the track. I am also taking ideas on hotels so I can call and get rates for the group. Feel free to post here if you are interested in going to the event so we can get a preliminary head count for ticket/hotel purposes. More detailed info to follow as the date approaches.

PM myself or Temming with any questions or suggestions you may have.

Take Care,

Joseph
Old 03-13-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope we can get enough together for the discount on tickets, we need to get it going pretty soon. I have already made reservations at the Doubletree near galleria. We stayed there last year and although a little expensive at $115-$160 pr night it is very,very nice and I highly recommend it. i need to get Corvette Corral tickets so I am not sure how that will work with the group deal. Either way we are definitely in for 2 and possibly 4 3 day super tickets.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by candyass,Mar 13 2007, 03:11 PM
I hope we can get enough together for the discount on tickets, we need to get it going pretty soon. I have already made reservations at the Doubletree near galleria. We stayed there last year and although a little expensive at $115-$160 pr night it is very,very nice and I highly recommend it. i need to get Corvette Corral tickets so I am not sure how that will work with the group deal. Either way we are definitely in for 2 and possibly 4 3 day super tickets.
Sounds good, I think we found a good rate at the hotels last year (70-90/night). I will call around tomorrow and see what deals we can get. I don't think we quite had 25 people last year so i'm not sure how we got discounted tickets but the 3 day pass for everything including pit and paddock for 130/person isn't too bad I think.

Anyone else that is thinking about coming please chime in so we can get a rough headcount and see if group pricing for everything is feasible. It was a BLAST last year between the event, going out to dinner with everyone and drinking cold beer in the middle of the hot day
Old 03-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think i might be down for this!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM

My wife and I wanted to go, but I will be overseas again
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM

The Lone Star Chapter of S2KCA is doing the same. If you guys worked together you might have a better shot at getting enough people. Send a PM to Coop over there. They are in Houston.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Photodavo' date='Mar 13 2007, 09:14 PM
The Lone Star Chapter of S2KCA is doing the same. If you guys worked together you might have a better shot at getting enough people. Send a PM to Coop over there. They are in Houston.
I don't have a login for S2KCA, if you can just have him email me so I can be in touch with them to see what their plans are.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' date='Mar 13 2007, 09:47 PM
I don't have a login for S2KCA, if you can just have him email me so I can be in touch with them to see what their plans are.
I sent a PM to Coop, looks like they have quite a few already together. Come on North TX don't you want to see some racing?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 AM

Come on guys, so far we have 2 for us, 2 for Candyass, possibly 2 for XLeezardx. Any other takers that went last year, Clovis, QUIKAG, ALTees etc?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Banned

It's a great idea, and I'd love to go, but out of my budget. And if I found myself down there for a weekend, I'd probably never make it to the race... I'd be skiing the entire weekend with friends at Lago Santa Fe.

Lago Santa Fe

Quick Reply: Grand Prix of Houston Apr 20-22