S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

lincoln mark 8

Old 02-16-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lincoln mark 8

I was on my way home from work and found a lincoln mark 8 kick some fords ass. so i sped up to join the run and blow past the ford ( dont know what model it was) so I was tailing the lincoln. wow a red light! the other 2 lanes to the left were taken by other cars so the lincoln occupies the far right lane and guess what? I am right behind him. I knew he was going to launch once the light turned green. He has a car length on me and wanted to see what my stock ap2 can do to this v8. So just as I predicted, he launches and he does it hard I launched but not too hard though. I switched into the left lane and at the top of second that car length is now half a car length. in third I just strolled right passed him and as I looked he didnt know where to hide his face and when I was in fourth I was several car lenths ahead. and shutdown with the hazards OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! u got beat by a 4 banger take that and take it hard!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by metralogia,Feb 16 2007, 06:52 PM
I was on my way home from work and found a lincoln mark 8 kick some fords ass. so i sped up to join the run and blow past the ford ( dont know what model it was) so I was tailing the lincoln. wow a red light! the other 2 lanes to the left were taken by other cars so the lincoln occupies the far right lane and guess what? I am right behind him. I knew he was going to launch once the light turned green. He has a car length on me and wanted to see what my stock ap2 can do to this v8. So just as I predicted, he launches and he does it hard I launched but not too hard though. I switched into the left lane and at the top of second that car length is now half a car length. in third I just strolled right passed him and as I looked he didnt know where to hide his face and when I was in fourth I was several car lenths ahead. and shutdown with the hazards OH YEAH BABY!!!!!! u got beat by a 4 banger take that and take it hard!!!
Meh, please don't do the thing with the hazards. Those Mk8's can move. Some of them had the 4V 4.6L IIRC and with a few mods it will get up and go. Stock, however, it is nothing to be proud of. Good kill!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:33 PM

good run!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:19 AM

lol hazards. I only do the hazards when the other car does it to kind of say good race. I once had a rsx-s throw on his hazards to catch my attention on the highway, and ended up having a quick lil sprint.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:38 AM

its not soo much of me beating the car., it was more like me beating the guy and the EGO he carried with him. It did sound nice in accelaration though. I felt like I was on an episode of pinks. I couldve gave him 3 car lengths and probably would have beat him still. ( when will we see an S2K on pinks?) a great way to rep S2KI.com!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:42 AM

hey pointblank187!!! it's too bad the NSX is not going to look like that anymore. it wouldve been real nice to see that on the steets. cool pic!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:04 AM

There are lots of those Lincoln's running around with blowers or even better...03-04 Cobra motors in them. I know 2 of them in town that are daily driven and run 11's all day long on street tires.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by derryck,Feb 17 2007, 08:04 AM
There are lots of those Lincoln's running around with blowers or even better...03-04 Cobra motors in them. I know 2 of them in town that are daily driven and run 11's all day long on street tires.
that is crazy. Oh well the 2.2 4 cyl kicked some v8 ass!!! lol
Old 02-17-2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by metralogia,Feb 17 2007, 06:38 AM
( when will we see an S2K on pinks?)
When we lose enough mental capacity to figure that risking a valueable car is a good thing, but just growing a mullet might do it. Then we wouldn't be running an S2k though, and PINKS would have the usual contender: a hick running a stock 5.0 with a 200 shot.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Spartikus,Feb 17 2007, 11:36 PM
When we lose enough mental capacity to figure that risking a valueable car is a good thing, but just growing a mullet might do it. Then we wouldn't be running an S2k though, and PINKS would have the usual contender: a hick running a stock 5.0 with a 200 shot.
LOL We should doit anyways! get a salvage title one and max it out with a turbo to do low 10's and with a 100 shot and we will be untouchable. what do u thing

Quick Reply: lincoln mark 8