S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My 99 WS6 TA vs SC S2000

Old 08-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 99 WS6 TA vs SC S2000

We went at it several times from 1st and second gear rolls up until I would keep having to brake for cars in my lane just as I was pulling but I'd say we went up to 100-120mph. He wouldn't stop at a light and I don't blame him b/c he wants to be in boost the whole time against a V8. I'd of done the same thing. Anyhow, Cars were very close, but I was pulling a bit up top. To be honest during about the fourth race I decided to take a better look at my rpm's and realized I was definitely shifting too soon. I am paranoid now about hitting my damn rev limiter which I have done so many times, lol. All in all my car was a tad faster but it was very close.

We talked at a light briefly before parting ways and I told him how all I had was full exhaust and car was internally stock, and he said yeah those cars are fast stock. I asked if he had a turbo and he said no, supercharger, and thats all I know. Oh and he did have a passenger. they were like 160-175lb guys. and I am 215 and I also had a bunch of crap in my car and add in my stereo I think I am about 3800lbs race weight. Wish I was able to get more info on his car. It was pretty quick and damn loud too. Not anywhere near as loud and obnoxious as my car but damn loud nonetheless. Pretty sharp looking too, it appeared to be lowered and had custom rims and gauges on the pillar. it also definitely had aftermarket exhaust, b/c again, it was damn loud at WOT.

I think S2000's are sharp cars, always have and I know they handle real well too. I know it would depend on his boost level and supporting mods, but anyone know what supercharged S2000's typically run?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:51 PM

Actually I think this is the guy I raced:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=315729&st=0

I am also on Long island and thats the identical car. Silver with black-ish type rims. Seems to make sense that he'd run about 13.3@ 106. Actually, i figured he would run a bit quicker than that. My car should be good for ~12.9@110
Old 08-25-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah with just slapping the SC on running 5lbs of boost, it's gonne be low 13's.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:14 PM

he also commented in that thread that for that 13.3@107 run he had bald tires and temps were around 100. I'd say it's definitely got a better run in her with better tires and temps. Hopefully he chimes in. Always cool to meet another local car enthusiast.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Nice post Good to see a sound V8 owner up for a friendly race. Like WisS2k said, a s/c S2K running normal boost (the comptech one runs ~5 psi) should be around 280-290 whp and low 13's in the quarter. However, the low 13's is somewhat misleading, as from a roll (in Vtec/boost) they acccel like a SOB. Some NA S2K owners can get mid-high 13's and they are not nearly as fast as FI S2k from a roll. There are some people with turbo S2k's that would eat u alive, but then again, there is always someone with a faster car (except maybe for M. Schumacher)
Old 08-25-2005, 06:05 PM

yeah i can attest for that too. on the top end it really shines. from a stop i can stay with an SC'd S2k (stock boost) til about 60.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:13 PM

Yeah I would think with a SC & the right setup there should certainly be S2000's out there that would beat me. However I am NA and internally stock. But not for long...I have my cam and all the supporting parts (PRC springs, titanium retainers, ASP crank pulley, larger injectors, new T-chain and ported oil pump) ready to be installed if I find the time to get it done, lol. That should put me ~400rwhp/390rwtq and make me a little tougher to deal with on the streets. LS1's can really perform with just a cam. Another local guy in a lightened orange SS w/a cam and mildly ported stock heads runs mid 10's at 124mph. I had the pleasure of running into him on the same street I raced this S2000 about 2 months back. So my friend in the silver S2000 if you run into a Hugger orange SS on that street might want to save your gas!

Anyhow, it's all in good fun. Again, I really like these S2000's. I have had many cars including a Supra and I could care less what brand and make it is as long as it's nice looking and quick.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 PM

just wondering... why do all t/a owners have such large front tires.. even a ferrari f430 has like 225's up front...

but good race. t/a's are very fast cars.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mic_crispy,Aug 25 2005, 07:17 PM
just wondering... why do all t/a owners have such large front tires.. even a ferrari f430 has like 225's up front...

but good race. t/a's are very fast cars.
IMO, 275's are not large at all. They seem quite small compared to the 315's i have out back. Some Fbody guy's run 315's on all 4 corners and tear ass in road racing. As long as it's set up properly wider tires simply = better grip. Fbody's actual corner VERY well. They are just not too good in transitioning, mostly b/c of weight. This of course can be remedied to a point with the proper suspension. Weight distribution is another battle though. Realisitically these are more drag cars than anything, but they corner far better than many people think.

Throw in the fact that they are capable of 25+ mpg on the freeway b/c of the 6th gear and torque and its a nice street combo...which is why I bought one

Next car will be a Z06. Don't think I am just a domestic guy here to cause trouble though. I truly love many cars. The ones I choose just seem to offer the best all around bang for the buck for me personally at that given time.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=kbreeze,Aug 25 2005, 09:22 PM] IMO, 275's are not large at all. They seem quite small compared to the 315's i have out back.

Quick Reply: My 99 WS6 TA vs SC S2000