Old 05-20-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirrach's SC S2000 gets a fuel upgrade

Joe (sirrach) came to us,
Old 05-21-2005, 06:11 AM

Here are some pic I took during the install to get a better idea

Thanks Giles for the write up .

I would like to thank Joe (sirrach) for his cooperation in the project .

We also did a clutch upgrade .

6 puck sprung hub disc and HD pressure plate (50% upgrade on clamping) from ClutchNet

Cost on clutch setup

Pressure plate and disc ----$550
Honda throwout bearing - -$100
Labor -------------------------$600

***Many Clutch options available***
Old 05-21-2005, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by JDMKID35,May 21 2005, 09:26 AM
why not just use bigger injectors....... i can see if you had a big ass turbo but for a supercharger... i dunno..... as for me i need 2 rails... pm me with a price I will buy one!!
Why not just leave the FMU in there?

Why because you cant tune a FMU to specific load and RPM situations . You just can find a happy medium that hopefully works OK.

Bigger injectors require a management system that piggybacks and tricks the factory ECU ( The factory ECU is always trying to retune its self, ) or something like a AEM EMS or Megasquirt ( Will not pass OBD2 emisions tests)and the AEM has alot of streetability issues. It doesn't like stop and go driving. We use a separate injector controller for the additional fuel on boost. The factory ECU still thinks its NA

All thing that Giles mentioned above.

This will give you full tunability with out fooling the factory ECU which = full streetability while still being OBD2 compliant. Plus if you want to upgrade boost you still have tunability .

This setup currently doesn't control timing but we are working on that.

I'm sure Giles will chime in to answer anything I might of left out as he is my tuner . Giles has many hours in on the AEM EMS and other controllers that have been researched on his own 500+whp S2000

PM me with your setup so I can see your fuel needs .

Thanks for you interest ,

Scott _ Ballistic Motorsports
Old 05-21-2005, 02:43 PM

why not just use bigger injectors....... i can see if you had a big ass turbo but for a supercharger... i dunno..... as for me i need 2 rails... pm me with a price I will buy one!!
Larger injectors = eManage or EMS. If you still want OBDII then that leaves only the eManage. All size injectors respond differently. You are using 1000 cc injectors so you'll know that for sure. Although the eManage has scaling capabilities it is not accurate and even with an OBDII scanner and checking the fuel trim you may get it correct at idle, but then it might be off at 15% throttle etc. You end up with a lumpy fuel system and the stock ECU trying to figure it all out. You can mod the map signal, but adding fuel can cause a CEL to be thrown - all very messy and not really worth the effort. Many have commented on having trouble with the eManage fighting the stock ECU when using larger injectors. The stock ECU is tuned for 340cc, anything other than that will have different response times and you'll get some form of weird behaviour, such as bad starting, coughing at part throttle etc.

The eManage is limited to injectors up 150% of the original. I'm not sure if that means 1.5 times or 2.5 times (i.e. stock + 150%). One appears to be able to enter anything up to 999cc in the injector change box so I'm not quite sure exactly what this documented limit is.

There are no limits with the rail approach.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:48 PM

Quote for the support tool document:

This system can control up to 150% larger injectors than factory. Too large injectors can cause problems performing properly.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

So, Giles, Scott, do I have this right that essentially the ECU has no knowledge or feedback from the additional injector rail? It's just driven by the same signals that drive the stock injectors?
Old 05-21-2005, 02:57 PM

as for me i need 2 rails... pm me with a price I will buy one!!
I trust you are aware of how the EMS handles secondary injectors, it is either one set or the other and phases between the two sets. When it starts adding duty to one set it remove duty from the other set.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,May 21 2005, 05:57 PM
So, Giles, Scott, do I have this right that essentially the ECU has no knowledge or feedback from the additional injector rail?
This part is correct. The ECU does not know of the existence of the secondary injectors as they only operate beyond the bounds of the stock ECU. At this point the stock ECU is in open loop mode and is just running off its internal fuel maps. There is no feedback going on.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,May 21 2005, 05:57 PM
It's just driven by the same signals that drive the stock injectors?
This part is not so. We have a stand alone system that is driving the secondary injectors. It is totally independent from the stock injectors and stock ecu and harness. They remain untouched, uncut etc. A unit such as an eManage requires you to splice into the stock injector harness and if one upgrades the injectors to larger ones they would most likely need to cut the stock injector plugs off and replace them with other appropriate to the injectors purchased.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Very good. So, you have a separate control unit for the 2nd rail, and thus you can tune it with that! Home grown stuff??

Quick Reply: Sirrach's SC S2000 gets a fuel upgrade